||02||

"She won't do you know no favours, beautiful but she dangerous.
She was only gon' break you, drive me crazy..." - Personal by HRVY

The cafeteria swarmed with noise as students crowded the area, laughing with their friends while enjoying their lunch break

"There's always eating disorders, or speedo paddling on the swim team..."

"Wait..." Angela paused, looking up at Bella, "That's a good one."

The double doors of the cafeteria suddenly swung open drawing Bella's attention away from the girls, her eyes drawn to five deathly pale students.

"W-who are they?", Bella mumbles, eyes glued to the figures as they effortlessly glide across the room.

"The Cullens"

Jessica leans in, a smirk playing on her lips as she glanced at them. "Doctor and Mrs Cullen's foster kids. They all moved down here from Alaska two years ago."

"They kind of keep to themselves." Angela chipped in. "Because they're all together, like together-together." Jessica clicks her tongue.

"The blonde girl, Rosalie and the big dark-haired guy Emmett, they're a thing."

Rosalie and Emmett smirk slightly as they strut past.

"I'm not even sure if that's legal!" Jessica remarked, staring them down.

Angela rolled her eyes as she spoke, "Jess, they're not even related."

Bella's attention flicked to the next two siblings as they neared their table.

"The little dark-haired girl, Alice... She's really weird." Angela nudged Jessica, silently telling her off. "She's like best friends with Jasper, the blonde who looks like he's in pain."

Alice grinned up at Jasper, gently tugging him along at they walked past. Jasper held his breath as he walked through the mass of students, focusing on Alice's positivity and calmness to keep himself under control.

Bella is lost in a trance as Edward walks in. She manages to hear selective parts of Jessica and Angela's conversation. "That's Edward Cullen" "He's totally Gorgeous" "Don't waste you time"

Bella can't help but peek at Edward as he sat at his table, hiding behind her hair when he catches her.

The double doors open again, the cafeteria quietens down, causing Bella to break out of her trance and follow the stares of the students around her.

A short, brown-skinned girl stood in the doorway of the cafeteria, her wavy mop of hair resting against her shoulders and back effortlessly. Her abnormally-light brown eyes gazed into the room as a bright smile rest upon her rose-tinted lips.

The students slowly began turning away and talking again as before apart from Bella's table and the Cullens.

"Oh, uh who is she?" Bella whispers, not taking her eyes off the girl.

"That's Tori Cabaletta."

Tori's eyes snapped to their table at the sound of her name, even through all the chatter, she heard it loud and clear. She glanced over the three girls before offering a kind smile. The girls' faces twisted into shocked expressions before they smiled/waved meekly.

"She's fairly new as well. I mean I think she's lived on the Rez for awhile but she's not been to Forks as much mainly because she goes to the school down there more than here she kinda like swaps between the two, I don't really know why." Jessica rambled, watching as she made her way to the buffet table.

"She's a bit weird uh she's like Alice; Happy and energetic every time I see her but she usually keeps to herself. She's super friendly though."

" She's amazing on like a bunch of instruments too. She let me write about her in one of my extracts, great article." Angela gushed, smiling at the memory.

Bella nodded along, noticing Tori still smiling as she grabbed her lunch. The Cullens, although acting natural, listened intently to Jessica and the girls' conversation whilst observing the unfamiliar, undeniably flawless girl.

Edward growled in frustration as he strained his gaze on the girl. His siblings looked to him for answers only to be met with the shake of his head.

"Blank, her mind's blank. How can someone's mind be completely and utterly blank?!" Edward briefly glanced at Bella before training his eyes onto Tori again.

Tori's POV

I couldn't hide my smile as I tuned out the surrounding noise and focused on Angela's table, listening to my introduction. She's a bit weird... I mean they're not wrong.

Other than the group of girls, I could feel more eyes on me from the opposite direction. I looked over my shoulder to see five deathly pale figures, staring soullessly at me. I immediately noticed their gold-coloured eyes and almost perfect postures. I quickly skimmed over each one of them - The blonde and the brunette were sat closely together with his arm draped around her waist casually. So they're a thing Next to them sat a spikey haired girl, she immediately screamed friendly as she smiled at me. My gaze paused over the boy next to her; he seemed different. I mean, I couldn't deny they were all beautiful, flawless even. Maybe it was his dirty-blonde wavy locks that hung above his jaw, framing his face perfectly, or maybe it was the intense stare his gold eyes were giving me. I had only just noticed I'd been checking him out whilst his piercing gaze was on me. It was only when the pixie-looking girl next to him nudged him with her elbow that I adverted my gaze, a blush growing on my cheeks which I just managed to cover as I turned back around.

Disregarding the girls' conversation, I felt the familiar warm-flooding sensation as my eyes shifted to a golden haze as I listened in on the other table's conversation.

"Blank, her mind's blank. How can someone's mind be completely and utterly blank?!"

My movements froze as the clogs began to turn in my head. Cold-ones

It makes sense now... they're so pale, kinda beautiful - understatement of the decade... And he's... She turned to glance at the fifth Cold-one that was looking over at one of the girls on Angela's table. - Definitely a mind-reader

I moved along the buffet table, reaching to grab an apple as thoughts swirled in my head. I mean I have nothing to worry about, he wont be reading any of these thoughts. But what about Sam? Does he know about them?

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard an unfamiliar, masculine voice speak out.

"Hey, have we see her before?"    "You think she's one of us?" a sharp, feminine voice chipped in.

"No, I would've seen another one coming before they even set foot in Forks." ,  A high-pitched sweet-sounding voice interjected.

I struggled to hide my smirk as she confirmed my suspicions. Vampires...

"I-I think she can hear us." A raspy, southern voice drawled causing my smirk to grow and my heart to flutter at the sound. It was then I knew now would be the time to leave considering I suck at acting natural, clearly.

Without looking in their direction, I grabbed my tray and walked back out the double doors...