Chapter 23: Feyre

It is time, I will be returning to the Spring Court to finish the mission that was set for me. Mor and Amren will be taking me because she has slightly more control than Rhys and the others. I am dressed in the racier style of the Night Court to show them that as it happens I am leaving and becoming more like what the Night Lord wants. A dress like the once I wore in the Court of Nightmares black shimmering fabric engraved with stars. My hair is in a plat down my back it has strings of diamonds in it. My shoes are strappy silver sandals. Mor is dressed in her classic red dress and Amren in her grey shirt and pants. 

We grasp hands and winnow away. We land outside the Manor door. I inhale a breath and exhale. I let go of their hands and we walk through the door. Everyone's eyes turn to us. Their eyes drag up and down my body. Their shock is obvious especially when I turn back to Amren and Mor. "Thank you," I tell them both as I kiss their cheeks. "Tell Rhysand that I thank him for healing me." Mor pulls me into a hug  me and says quietly into my ear "If you are afraid here call our names and we will come." Amren smiles creepily and says with a bow "Lady of Dreams, the Lord of Nightmares and the rest of us will miss you in the moonstone palace." And with that, they walk out.

I stalk out to my studio. When I arrive I pull out the largest canvas I have and start to paint. I draw the meeting in the Dawn Court from Helion's white robes to the pale pink clouds outside the window. I paint Marja standing over me and Rhys's fury. I paint Tool's violence and the Bitch High Priestess cruel lies. I paint Beron's chestnut hair and his broad of sons. I paint the Illyrian's and Peregrine's wings. Slowly a painting, a memory appears on the canvas in front of me. The retention of when He hit me and my love saved me. When I spent three days with my family before I returned to the place of Nightmares. The place where walking Horrors that plague the Earth live. 

I hear the door open,  I turn as Alis walks in. I embrace her, she is a strange way is a mother I never had. "Oh Feyre," She says into my ear. "Why did he do it?" She asks pulling me tighter into her embrace. I can't help but cry into her shoulder. She starts to croun softly into my ear as she rocks me slightly back and forth. "The other will help protect you. It won't happen again." She continues.

We just stay their rocking back and forth when the door opens and ...

I know it is a really short chapter but still, tell me if you enjoyed.

Orlanda :-)

P.S. Soon in the next few chapters I will be introducing Pan the Blacksmith's son so please describe how you would like him to look.