Chapter 28

POV: Anita Johnson.

"Hey," I greeted Mrs. Norman.

"Hey dear, He's in his room. I'll join you two in a minute." She said offering an easy smile.

I went into Rivers room and he just sat there waiting on me.

"Hey," I greeted and He just smiled.

His eyes were dilated and he kept scratching his nose.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded.

I nervously walked back to close his door.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked and he still didn't say anything I wanted to hear.

"It's your future you are destroying." I said and he laughed, "Okay mom."

"What is wrong with you?" I asked frustrated.

"You wouldn't get it really, don't even bother princess." He smiled weakly.

"Nothing is gonna make sense when you in this state and Kimberly will pick me up in two hours." I said.

"You brought your dummy here?" He asked rolling his eyes and I didn't reply, I just flashed the 'I don't give a damn about what you think' look.

"We can watch a movie," He said excitedly.

"It's an official date," He said with a smirk.

"A date really? Nah... I'm getting paid for this." I said spiking him and it worked.

"How much more should I add for you to watch the movie naked?" He asked and I smacked his shoulder.

"Geez okay, I take that back!" He laughed and I joined him in the fun.

I heard a plate shattering in the kitchen.

"And you thought Coke was my biggest problem." He said with a troubled smile.

"Do they do that frequently?" I asked while they shouted at each other in the background.

"More than frequent." He said laughing.

"Pick a movie Smarty pants, I can't stand them." He said laying on his couch.

"Wanna listen to music instead?" I asked sitting next to him.

"Knock yourself out." He said handing me his phone.

We just sat there and I jammed to his music. I wouldn't have guessed that Riveris from a broken marriage too. He's anger and frustration comes from all that happens around him.

He had his eyes closed most of the time yet he synchronized all the beat drops and fast raps.

"I appreciate you Ye?" He said placing his cold hand on my knee.

My body reacted in an unexpected way, I shivered from fear and he quickly removed his hand.

"I'm sorry," He mumbled.

"It's alright," I smiled weakly moving away.

"I'll never hurt you again... I promise." He said and I help on to the urge of going against him.

"I know you do not trust me and I'm really unstable and I have so much going on but consider this an oath that I will never lay my hands on you ever." He said and It sounded so sincere.

"Ever!" He smiled and I nodded.

"I'm starving, just waiting for my hairy asshole dad to get the fuck outta here." He said groaning.

"Is he that bad?" I asked.

"Lemme see out of a scale of 100, I'll rank his 200." He smiled.

"Argh fine!" I laughed.