Chapter 33

POV: Anita Johnson.

Today is different, I have three other females helping me with my morning routine. I'm not getting married and it's not even prom night, I have coffee with my dad.

"How about this?" My mom asked wrapping a scarf around my neck.

It's not that cold they just being extra.

It felt like a fashion run way, It just lacked the paparazzi and extras.

"It's just breakfast!" I scoffed for the hundredth time.

Of course they all ignored me while Kimberly struggled to pick the perfect shoes for my outfit.

"These are good!" She said raising a pair of sneakers and kneeling before me.

I love how she was gentle, a little shaky yet loving. She finally looked up to me with a smile as though she was a little girl who spelt her name right and was rewarded with a chocolate chip cookie.

"Thank you," I mumbled kissing her softly.

"Looks like our job here is done!" Aunt Zoey exclaimed as the three stood before me and admired me.

Lemme run you through it, I am wearing a long tight blue dress with a pair of sneakers and a scarf roughly wrapped around my neck and shoulders. My hair is tied up into a neat bun with light make up and all this is inspired by mom.

"He needs to see that we don't need him and that you are pretty with or without him."

"He has to see that I am taking good care of you," Mom added as she evidently assured herself.

"Your beauty should reflect mine unto him." She said finally sighing and looking away.

I thanked the designers and darlings.

I was left with mom who kept mending everything, from the make up, lipstick, scarf and gosh everything, I say!

"You know you don't have to be extra," I mumbled and she paused in her tracks.

"Your beauty and everything reflects on me even without the make up and hope clothes." I mumbled.

"Dad knows you are pretty anyway," I added and she smiled weakly.

"Prettier than all the mistresses hence he put a ring on it!" I said and she laughed out loud.

"You didn't have to be all extra man!" I groaned catching my breath.

"Whatever! You dad might be outside." She said.

* * *

Of course the car ride to Mug and Bean was extra awkward. He told me I was pretty a couple of times though but the tension just got greater.

And I thought about River. I haven't been distracted enough to avoid his name popping up in my head. Maybe I can't be the saviour here, maybe it's not my place to right his wrongs and that he needs to be on his own to figure his shit out, that's not true. All of it. Yes I'm chickening out okay. I'm scared!

I took a deep breath calming my mind and dad turned to me.

"And we are here!" Dad said pulling over.

"You know what's funny?" I asked and he turned alert.

"What?"

"That I didn't call in sick and I'm here with you." I groaned.

"I'm almost your boss's boss so you didn't have to. You rolling with the big boys." He said making me laugh out loud.

"Fine!" I continued to laugh.

"You wanna know what's funnier?" He asked and I nodded with a smile.

"How you are your morher's direct replication?" He asked.