Street lights

PARIS, FRANCE
Ludivine Les Salons, Ballet School
2020;

Song: ballet warm up 3/4

I let my arms go free as I swayed to the piano, how beautiful the melody was it was captivating and my body obliged to follow it. Some may say it's a enchantment of some sort your not in control of your own body anymore it's just your soul and your heart communicating in a form of beautiful dance.

I pirouette agin and agin keeping my eye on my reflection as I come back around. I can faintly hear the whispering of the girls and boys around me. It doesn't matter though they don't matter just me and the music.

It's coming to an end and I have almost completed 20 full pirouettes. Just then I finish off gracefully coming down into first position. My breath a little jagged, but I keep a straight face still looking at myself.

It was a quiet moment before someone clapped, the rest of the class joined. I smiled bowing heading back into my line. "Good Jon jimin, I see you have been practicing." I nodded confidently, holding back a bright smile. It turned more into a grin when I was the girls filled with envy besides me, it wasn't my goal to make them envy me I just needed to be better.

Perfect.

{first position}

MY POV......

Jimin sat on the cold wooden floor hissing as he took off his pointe shoes, his feet were nearly swollen. He sighed stretching it out rolling the ankle counter- clock -wise.

"Mr. park moment of your time please." Mrs. Bisset called out to him softly, he smiled faintly getting up limping just slightly, they went into the back room. He passed all the beautiful dancers who were older than him and much more experienced.

He bowed politely; without paying attention being caught up in their beauty she called for him agin. He rushed over a little embarrassed, "I was impressed by your performance today, and wanting to praise you without seeming biased." She said holding her head up placing a gentle hand on his shoulder.

He smiled brightly bowing slightly and shaking her hand. "I'm sure you know try outs are soon yes?" He nodded, "-I need you to work extra hard this year, we have a lot of new dancers and they want what you've got do you understand." She went from soft and caring to tough loving and firm.

"Yes I do, but - uhm mrs. Bisset I stay after almost 5 hours a day, and I still have to work isn't there a way- "No. if you want this you practice, do not take my kindness as blindness Jimin. I hope to see you at try outs in a few weeks." She gave a sweet smile walking away.

Jimin bows once more before scurrying off to collect his belongings. "What a suck up you are park." Jimin huffed buttoning his jacket and throwing the pink duffle bag over his shoulder.

"I'm really not in the mood hoseok. Please excuse me." Jimin tried to move past him but he stopped him, "aww is the prima wanna-be tired?" Jimin sighed, the rest of he class laughed quietly.

"I-I just want to go home, so can you please let me." Jimin almost begged not making eye contact, the older laughed moving out the way, "till next time." He patted their smallers back letting him run out the room.

Jimin POV.....
He's always picked on me, even when I first transferred over from Seoul he always made fun of me or picked a fight for an unknown reason. I try to ignore him but he's in my first class and he's a really great dancer like really great and sometimes I catch him staring when I'm stretching or practicing.