O. the audio files

"What is this?" Veronica asked while she held the iPod tightly. It was probably the last of her best friend that she can feel or even hear.

"She placed 13 audio files contains every reason why she died. She wants you all know that her death is the answer to everything." Before she died, she appointed Jughead as the first to know about the tapes. He had to deal with her loss first which was the hardest and he had to hide it from her mother. Most of the residents at Riverdale hated Alice Cooper and her straightforward ways of journalism, she became the blame to why Betty died. She had to face the disgust the residents showed her for being a bad mom while she continued to help Polly with the loss of her sister.

From Veronica to Fred Andrews, everyone was gathered in Pop's diner. Betty's death was a colossal of a problem to Riverdale. She wanted to die ever since the tragedy of Jason Blossom. From that moment, she felt helpless. She learned that her sister was in a place for troubled girls, her father wanted her sister to correct her mistake, the one person she ever loved declined her and so much more. She was drowning with everything and everyone's problems that she had caused, and she was on edge with her life so for her, she had to end it.

"Jughead, how do you know about these? How come she never told us about this?" Veronica asked.

"I can't really say anything, it's not my place to, but everything you need to know is in this audio cassette

Meanwhile, Archie stood silently. He was sure that he was one of the reasons why she's dead. He had declined her love for him a long time ago. He rejected her, he made it look like that her heart was something that wasn't fragile. He hated how he treated her. He slammed the neon pink diner table of Pop's, dragging the attention to him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." Archie murmured, gaze softening. "I'm just dismayed and disheartened after this. I just can't believe she's gone."

Everyone felt what Archie felt. Everyone was heartbroken, Betty somehow became a beacon of light for all of them, but now she's gone. Completely gone. Nobody dared touch the iPod other than Veronica. She held on the gadget tightly, reminding her of the days where they'd completely bond over many things. She remembered sitting at their booth, here, at Pop's. Drinking their signature vanilla and chocolate milkshakes, the gang was created. She just wasn't good enough to see that her best friend was struggling, all this time.

She surprised to see the Blossoms, the Blossoms weren't the type to visit at the funeral of the death of their nemesis. But there they stood, behind the booth. They stood quietly like they they were sincerely sad about Betty's death.

The others just stood still. Nobody spoke a word. They either looked at the door and windows or looked down. But Jughead broke the deafening silence. "I think it's time for us to listen to the files, guys, I know it's hard but it would be better if we started earlier."

The file played but began with a short silence. " Is this a joke?" Archie exclaimed but before anyone could calm him down, they all heard the voice, the voice they had all missed.

"Hey. Its Betty. Betty Cooper. Don't adjust your... whatever device you're hearing this on. It's me, live and in stereo. No return engagements. No encore, and this time, absolutely No requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I'm about to tell you the story of my life, more specifically, why my life ended."

That voice somehow brought an uneasy feeling among everyone, and an icy wind was carried through the contained diner, as though the weather could feel the change in the atmosphere. Alice broke down to hear her daughter who was no longer anywhere near her. Veronica and Archie couldn't help but follow in with the tears. But before anyone else could follow, the soothing voice of Betty Cooper's resonated through the contained diner.

"And if you're listening to this tape, you're one of the reasons why. As you all know, I'm dead. What a great mystery to add to the growing cases of Riverdale. Am I right? To avoid too much labor for each and everyone of you, I made these audio files for you to find out why. You'd probably asking yourself why would Riverdale's perfect American girl want to kill herself? Well, that's why I gave you this to you. On a serious note, I have 13 reasons why I'm no longer with you guys and to add to the people that dear Jughead brought to this room are all the reason why. I'm not saying which audio files brings you into the story. But fear not, if you received this lovely little box, your name will pop up. I promise."

Gasps rose from throats, but Jughead shushed them all before a screaming match could occur on how they hadn't done anything to be here.

"Anyways, the rules here are pretty simple. There are only two rule number one: you listen, number two: you played it on, hopefully neither one will be easy because otherwise I would have emailed you an mp3, when you're done listening to all 13 sides, because there are thirteen sides to every story, rewind the files, and pass it on to the next person. But if you check out of this album, check the mp3 playlist with the Pop's title on it. In it are some of the things that triggered and made things harder for me to live. And for those who feel weird listening to a dead person in a public diner. I sent an email attachments complete with every audio files in the pod. So welcome to 13 reasons. Riverdale's perfect little Elizabeth Cooper died. Off to the main dish, my first reason: Chuck Clayton."

The file ended. Shock was in people's faces. It was inevitable for everyone. Jughead admitted to himself that he didn't really listen to the files since he was too scared to admit that she was gone. Gone, gone, gone. She was never going back, no matter how hard they tried.

For the rest, nobody knew why Chuck Clayton was on the list. Nobody knew what ever happened with them, before except for one, Jughead. But he knew that it wasn't his position to speak of that time at their lives. It was Betty's, not his.