Note Six (The Changes Nine Months Later)

"Elliy! Stop!" I shouted running after Elliy, I held out my hand and put an ice patch in front of her. She slipped and fell, she looked back at me with annoyance as I laughed.

"Tag you're it!" I said tapping her shoulder and running off, she stood up crossing her arms.

"That's cheating!" she started to pout, really? Cheating?

"Elliy, we're trying to grow our powers, not sugarcoat them." I said as she started walking away into the house. Yes we have a house, no we didn't steal it. I somehow made it with my power, it's not too shabby if I do say so myself. I saw Drake come out, well more he was being dragged out by Elliy who was crying. Great, she got him to yell  at me. Drake came up and put his hand on my shoulder.

"How dare you cheat at tag!" he shouted I could tell he was trying not to laugh, "I hereby banish you into nothingness!" Nothingness? What was he? Oh he wanted me to leave". So I scoffed at him, I turned to Elliy with a look of solitude and opened up my wings. She gasped as tears came to her eyes, I flew off as I heard Elliy scream with desperation. I turned back to tell her it was a joke but then something caught my eye. I flew more towards it as I got closer. I realized it was a missle. I gasped and turned around zooming back to the house. I landed frantically in the backyard, grabbing the rest of The Crew and rushing into the house.

"Down! Down! Down!" I shouted, shoving everyone towards the bomb shelter. We heard explosions going off outside.

"What the hell is going on?" Drake shouted over the sounds of a dying city.

"Drake, they were US missiles..." I said trying not to show fear holding Elliy.

"Creek..." Drake and I nearly shuddered at the name, we realised that we were safe nowhere. "I guess our training camp is over." He was right, no more peace and quiet. It was time to go back home. I nodded and looked towards Hydro who shook his head with tears forming in his eyes.

"Hydro?"  I said, putting my hand on his knee.

"We're free... if we go back we'll be criminals again."  I sighed, he was right, it wasn't fair.

"I know kid, but we have to go back. We'll never truly be free as long as he's alive, as long as he's in power." I  whispered trying to cheer him up, Hydro nodded and held out his hand closing his eyes. A vortex to the junkyard appeared, Elliott went first, Zadie went next, Drake turned to me and nodded then proceeded through, I still had Elliy in my arms as I went through. Hydro soon joined us as we tried adjusting to our old surroundings of a shitpile around us. I set Elliy down and walked around alone, memories of the day we brought Imorl here flooded back to me. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror, my black hair, my pale skin, I barely recognized myself. I was no longer  ''Gwen Jaxton '' . She died a long time ago, but was I still Treyle Kai? Protecter of the Qua'nalls? Or was she dead too? Did she die with the loss of her best friend? Or did she evolve into someone who showed her true colors? No matter who I was, I wanted that freedom.

"So..." I heard Drake say to Zadie.

"So... we're back..." she responded quietly, looking around.

"Trey's taking it pretty hard, I better go check on her." Drake was uncomfortable. I could hear it in his voice. He soon came up by me putting his hands on my shoulders and rubbing them. "Are you ok?" nothing soothed me more than his kind hearted voice and gentle touch.

"Yeah, splendid why wouldn't I be?" I responded crossing my arms.

"Trey..."

"No, we're back in a hellhole and my sister is FLIRTING WITH MY BOYFRIEND!" I shouted so loud that it shook the ground causing Zadie to walk towards us.