Note Nine (Demons)

I woke back up on the couch, my eyes felt sore from crying. I looked around and saw Drake feeding the others. I sat up and he turned to me smiling. He walked over and kissed me on the forehead.

"What am I going to do with you?" he asked, still smiling.

"This war is pointless, I'm done trying, I'm done fighting. I give up." I said quietly, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Well, then it's going to be hard to win, cause I plan on fighting." he said looking around as the sun rose in the distance.

"You do? What if we lose?" He looked back at me and grabbed my hand.

"I mean we'll still be free just dead." he said smiling, I laughed and shook my head. It was time to defeat Creek once and for all. We started walking and once again came up to the train station. I walked up and smiled at the woman selling the train tickets. She didn't smile back.

"Hi there we need six tickets to DC please!" I said trying to seem friendly.

"Is there a parent or guardian with you?" she asked in a monotone voice.

"Well no, but I'm almost eighteen."

"But you're not." she said in a sort of bitchy tone. I took a deep breath straining to not hurt her.

"Maybe we can just arrange a one time deal?" I asked, clenching my teeth and tightening my fist.

"No absolutely not." she said I walked away taking deep breaths, Drake rubbed my shoulders to try and keep me calm.

"Can I kill her? Like is that an option?" I whispered.

"No, we're not killing anyone." said Drake.

"I'll make it fast."

"Trey! No, we're going to kill anyone!" Drake whispered glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and glared back.

"Then how do you suggest we get on?"

"Mind control?"

"Yes because that worked so well last time."

"Well it would've if you didn't lose your cool maybe it would've gone better."

"Well excuse me I was in a rush. Wait, we have something we didn't have last time..." I said looking at Hydro, who started shaking his head. "Hydro please you have to help." Hydro rolled his eyes and held out his hands freezing everything, I walked in behind the ticket booth and grabbed six tickets. I nodded and moved everyone along to the train, I paused for a second and looked at Hydro. He once again rolled his eyes, what the hell was his problem? I gave the conductor our tickets and got everyone to take a seat. I looked over to Hydro who had his hood over his head.

"Hey kid, what's up?" I asked, leaning towards him.

"I...I'm so sick of running. I'm worn out, is this even worth it anymore?" hearing this from a kid broke my heart. I put my hand on his knee and smiled.

"Hydro, I ask myself that everyday." he looked up at me with a confused expression.

"You do? What do you do when the question arises?"

"I press on, pretend that everything's ok even though it's not." I continued to smile and he smiled back. The train came to a stop after about an hour and the whistle blew, I woke up Eilly who rubbed her eyes and looked around. I helped her up and held her hand. We were running through the crowds trying to get out as soon as we could, I was hoping that no one would recognize us. We got out of the train station, the crowd around us was moving like normal. Going to the places they wanted to be, maybe some they were going to somewhere that they didn't want to be. I saw every emotion in everyone, some were happy, some angry, depressed, sad. No one seemed to know us, no one seemed to even care.