Great Buds

YOUR POV

"Wait, wait," I held onto Jack's upper arm between laughs to keep myself from falling off the edge. "So, the tooth fairy is real?"

"Yep, every single one of them." He grinned.

I crossed my arms. "The others, I can believe, but the tooth fairy? It'll take more than just telling me she exists."

"How come?" He chuckled. "Did you two fight over a corder or something?"

I laughed at his joke. "No, no, nothing like that. She just never left me any."

"That doesn't sound like Tooth, or any of her fairies for that matter." He clutched his staff, giving me a half frown.

I shrugged. "They didn't even bother to collect my teeth, but I guess it's fine. I outgrew it eventually."

"They probably didn't visit you because someone wasn't brushing their teeth often." Jack nudged my arm before guffawing.

I playfully pouted and turned away from him. His laughs died down and he placed his cold hands gently on my shoulder.

"Hey, I'm sorry. It was only a joke..." He shook me back and forth violently.

Trying to hold in my laughter, I swayed along with the movements of his hands. A wide smile danced on my lips.

As I was about to speak and pretend I was still mad, we got interrupted.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?"

We turned to see Peter standing under the stone arc that led deeper into the woods.

He looked pale in the cold weather and the tip of his nose and cheeks were tinted red.

I also noticed how he had a pair of the cutest forest green mittens on with a matching wool winter hat, his brown bangs peeking out from underneath.

"Peter, you're here!" I exclaimed.

"I've been looking for you all day." He approached us.

I scrunched up my nose. "All day?"

Turning to look over the horizon, I noticed the sun peeking out from behind Skull Rock.

Has it really been that long already?

Jack had been so entertaining that I hadn't even noticed the day passing me by.

"Sorry, I lost track of time." I apologized and stood, fidgeting with my fingers because it was only now that I noticed the cold once again.

The irony of my apology though. Neverland and time, pfft.

"It's alright, sit back down." Peter smiled and sat by where I was earlier, patting the spot next to him.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Jack, who had been silent for quite awhile, finally spoke. "I actually also came here to pay Peter a visit."