Back

YOUR POV

I didn't think he was so eager. I didn't think Peter would act so quickly after I agreed to go with him to Neverland.

However, two days later, here I am standing at the very docks where we boarded a ship to go on a mission to rescue Henry. The very mission where I met Peter. The very mission that turned my life upside down.

My mom, Mary Margaret, David, Emma, Henry, Hook—they were all here to say goodbye.

Peter and I didn't really have any luggage since Neverland was pretty much a place of imagination. Where you pretty much get everything you wish for.

Like the first time we set sail for Neverland, I had my backpack slung around my shoulder filled with my belongings.

"I don't get it, where are they going?" Henry asked, confused.

"Just for a short trip, they'll be back soon." My mom reassured him, but looked into my eyes like what she said was so far from the truth.

Well, it was.

"But..." Henry pouted and whatever he wanted to say never came out of his mouth.

From my peripheral vision, I could see Peter toying with the magic bean in his hand,  though his mind seemed to be somewhere else.

"We'll miss you." Mary Margaret said.

"Same here." Emma agreed.

I gave each of them a hug, even Henry, who refused to meet my eyes.

"Be good to mom, okay?" I told him in a teasing tone.

"Jeez Y/N, I'm not twelve anymore." He scrunched his nose up at me.

Raising an eyebrow, I clicked my tongue in response. "Then stop drinking hot cocoa."

He was right though, he was no longer a kid. In a few years he'd be taller than me already.

He'd grow up.

It was Henry's turn to hug me tight this time.

"Never." He muttered playfully and pulled away. "See you soon."

"Yeah." I agreed.

Peter and I had to go, we couldn't stay here for long, the day wasn't getting any longer.

We said our final goodbyes and got onto one of the smaller ships. Technically, we would've just thrown the bean into the water and jumped, but that would just leave Henry puzzled.

I leaned against the edge of the boat and watched as the docks slowly got smaller, waiting to disappear from my sight.

Peter just had to be extra as he used a telescope to see if they've already left so we can use the bean.

Once he already seemed satisfied by their leave, he took the bean from his pocket and tossed it into the ocean.

It turned into a portal.

Peter held my small hand tightly in his big one and looked down at me with those forest green eyes of his. "You ready?"

I squeezed his hand in response. "Yeah."

And that's all it took. We climbed over the edge and jumped.

I closed my eyes tight. Water took over all my senses. I held my breath. I lost hold of his hand at some point.

Then I felt myself falling. I finally allowed myself to take in as much air as my lungs were begging for. Opening my eyes, I found myself amongst the fluffy white clouds.

I kicked and moved my arms around. I never thought falling could feel so amazing. So free.

The air burned my eyes, making me squint as I looked down. Strands of my hair was beating against my face.

Then I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist protectively. I stopped falling midair, but still in the midst of the clouds.

I looked up, found Peter looking around. Anywhere but at me. He seemed to be trying to navigate where in Neverland were we exactly.

"Something's not right." He whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

Shrugging, we proceeded to descend, but at a much slower pace. It wasn't long before our feet landed on the familiar shores of Neverland.

Peter took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

Then he flinched and opened them again. "Something's definitely not right."

"Peter, what are you talking about?" I put a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't know, but it can't be good."

He closed his eyes again and his clothes changed back to the way they were before.

"That's better." He clenched his fist.

We heard the trees rustling, but when we looked around in alert, there was nothing.

"Maybe it's just been awhile since we've been back." I assumed. "It may take some getting used to."

Peter looked down, he seemed like in deep thought. "You're right. It was probably just the wind."

"Wind? I mean, sure. If that's what you'd like to call us."

Omg, sorry for the loooong wait. I've been focused on too much stories lately and school just let out for Christmas break.

I hope you guys still continue to read my stories though 🤗🤗

Thank you for waiting and hopefully the next update will come soon! 😅😅

-PiperRunner