Sesame Street is Terrifying

See I don't always talk about wrestling.

So I put on kid shows for my dogs because it calms them down... Yeah... So I usually put it on and leave the room but today I decided to watch it with them just because.

Sesame Street is their favorite for whatever reason, I will never know, they can't talk. But I was watching and Sesame Street has good storylines and amazing songs. Amazing songs. Like those songs get stuck in my head, that's how good they are.

Yet after growing up, I still find the show creepy. Especially Big Bird like there's this 10 foot tall raptor on the street and people just accept that. Nobody is like "yo why is there a giant parrot here?" Like nobody is even a bit concerned. Nobody is like "this giant crow over here is hugging the kids, call the police." Nobody. They just accepted this building size pigeon.

Big Bird always terrified me.

I remember, I don't know how old I was I think I was 4 or 5 years old, when I at some kid's birthday party. I don't remember much, that's how old that memory is, you ever try to remember stuff when you were really young and it's like super hazy?  Its like in bits and pieces? Yeah for me this memory is in bits and pieces. All I remember is arriving there at the birthday party, to the house, and when I got there they had some people wearing costumes. A clown, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster. Big Bird and the clown made me pee myself. I didn't pee myself but I was close to. I was terrified, I remember I actually got under one of the tables and got down there into the fetal position. I was terrified and I remember my parents trying to get me out from under there and me crying. I don't know whose smart witty idea it was to get Big Bird to talk to me knowing I'm crying a river. And I remember Big Bird getting under the table with me and trying to talk to me. Im pretty sure I cried in terror, I don't remember if I screamed or not but I definitely remember I cried so much. I cried so much, I remember the sleeves of my shirt were wet.

I think that day also caused my anxiety when it comes to parties cause after that I never went to birthday parties.

Looking back I feel so bad for the people hired for that party because imagine you get hired for a job to make some extra money and this little girl is crying under a table.

I also feel sorry for whoever's party I ruined. I don't remember who the party was for, I think it was a girl's party. She had a great party for a little girl. She had lots of presents, her parents had a whole buffet table, they had sesame street characters and a clown, and they had music too. I remember in my memory hearing loud music. I remember decorations too, not in detail, but I remember those party table cover (remember I was under a table) I remember it was those plastic table covers that you can buy at any cheap party store or Walmart. I also remember balloons cause I remember my dad trying to lure me out with a balloon. So she had a pretty good party for a little girl and I just ruined it with my crying and hiding.

Sorry to the person whose party I ruined.

But then again, I was 4 or 5, I didnt know that they were just people in costume and makeup.

I think even today even as an adult, I would still leave the room if I saw Big Bird and a clown. I wouldn't cry and hide under a table like a wounded animal but I would leave the room.

Big Bird and another character who I don't know the name of. I think it's called snuggleupalus or something like that. I just call it the hairy elephant. [I just noticed that actually sounds really dirty]

Ugh I hate that thing, that thing is so creepy to me.

I could definitely see Adult Swim having fun with Sesame Street cause to me if the script was changed, Sesame Street would fit right in with Adult Swim's weird shit.
Sesame Street already feels like watching a weird trip.
That's an idea... I should watch Sesame Street high.

I also still don't understand if Sesame Street is related to the Muppets. Are they in different universes?

This wasnt even an unpopular opinion, this was more like me talking about how I've been a total weirdo since I was little.