6

2 weeks after the shooting. Andy POV

Oliver grabs my bags. On the way out he grabs Sams too. I am practically jumping. Sam and I were both cleared for light duties, but Sarg says we have to stay home another week. I am so relieved to go home. I just want to curl up in Sam's arms and turn the lights off. The hospital is so bright at night and they wake you up every 3 hours. Sam comes out of the bathroom and dries his hands on his shirt. I walk over to him and he grabs my waist. He plants a light kiss on my forehead. I snuggle into his chest. he turns me around. "Goodbye room, you have treated us to many gross meals and too many board games. Sam turns me around again with his hand on my hip, playing with my belt loop. We stop by and say goodbye to Chloe who is signing her discharge papers today. Dov is sleeping in her bed snoring and she is sitting in the rocking chair reading. I wave and say hi real quick. Chloe's face beams as she waves back. We've been cooped up in here for weeks. I think we are all crazy. When we sign the papers and walk outside valet is pulling Sam's truck around.

"Oliver, brother, who gave you the keys?"

"Sammy, dear brotha. You have been hiding the spare key in the same place for 10 years. I got the keys. I thought it would be nice to have something familiar pick you up."

"Thank you, Oliver." Sam walks over to Oliver to hug him.

I take it as a sign and I get the keys from the valet and hop on the driver's side. I rev the engine and Sam hops in. Celery pulls up in the car behind us and honks. "That's my ride. stay safe and go right home." Oliver winks at me. Sam Chuckles and pats Oliver's shoulders. I slump down and take a deep breath. Sam puts his hand on my back and rubs gently. I pick my head up and look at Sam. I put the truck and drive and try to get as far away as I can, as quickly as I can. ********We get back to the apartment, I unbuckle but Sam doesn't move. I turn my body so I am leaning on the door. He takes a deep breath and looks at me. "This is a lot.""Sam, it is okay. No one got hurt and we are moving forward at a healthy pace. What's bothering you?" "Nothing is bothering me, It is just that nothing will ever be the same. I feel like my world collapsed that day, and I am just not used to it.""Sam it is just because you have been opening up to me." I cup his cheek with my hand and push his face so it is level with me. "Sam you keep everything bottle up and you have been doing it since you were a little kid. It is okay to feel, and it is okay to be open and tell people whats going on in your head, and if you ever forget that you can just ask me.""I love you, McNally, ""I love you Sam Swarek." I take a deep breath in a pull the keys out of the ignition and grab the hospital bags. I open the door on Sam's side and grab his waist and pull him close. He thumps his arm over my shoulder and kisses my head. When we get to the end of the hallway, you go left for the stairs and right for the elevator. I turn left and start to walk towards the stairs. I feel motivated and then I hear the elevator ding. Sam is standing with his arm in the door waiting for me. Sams apartment is on the 4th floor. I wave goodbye and continue towards the stairs. I watch Sam disappear in the elevator. I get to the steps and lookup. I was only in bed for 2 weeks. I was only shot once so this shouldn't be hard. By the 3rd floor, I am winded. There are about 30 more steps before I get to the floor. I pull myself up the stairs. When I open the heavy door I feel like I am about to die. I need to get back in shape. Sam is standing outside the door and he grabs me as soon as I am out. I take a second to recuperate as Sam gets the Keys out. He pushes the door open as I lean on him. I get shot in the face with confetti and the word "surprise" rings through my ears.