4

Andy Pov

****

I stir and hear the monitors beep. I start to open my eyes and I see Traci and a Gail are sitting at my sides. Traci's head is resting on my arm and Gail is reclined back while holding my hand. I twitch and lift my head. "Traci, Traci" I try to talk but my mouth is dry. My voice is hoarse prolly from Not drinking or the suction tube. Traci picks her head up. "Andy, sweetheart hi." I look around the room as Traci helps me sit up a little. Gail is still sleeping. "She is exhausted she's been bed hopping all night." "With Chloe? She hates Chloe." "No, Andy you missed a lot." "What? What happened? tell me everything

*****

"So Chloe, was shot in the neck, Oliver was tried up and beaten, And sam was shot in the stomach?"

"And of course you were shot through your vest."

Gail starts to stir and wakes up. "Andy hi!!!!" She gives me a gentle hug and sits back down. I give her the biggest smile I can muster up and grab her hand. I turn back to Traci.

"I need to see Sam. Please Trac, I need to see him."

"Andy he's still in Icu, once he is transferred to a room, we can have him put in her so you guys can be together."

I feel my eyes start to water. "Was it bad? Will he be okay?"

"He is okay. He is stable. They are allowing one person in there. I think Jerry is in there right now I don't know." "He came to tell me you were out of your second surgery and he took my spot. He's been there since 3 I think" Gail smiles and holds my hand.

"You are being so nice Gail, it's so different." I start to laugh and then moan because it hurts so much. I hear giggling in the hallways and we look out the door to see Chloe, Dov, Chris, Oliver, and Leo come in. Gail hops up and Dov helps Chloe into the chair. She looks at me and sniffles. "Andy you saved my life." She grabs my hand and I smile at her. I laugh and look at her. "You took the pain away. I didn't even realize I got shot. You distracted me with all your yapping." everyone laughs.

Oliver struts over to me and messes up my hair. "Glad you're okay kiddo. Can't be losing a rookie, that wouldn't look good for me. I swat his hand off my head and smile at him. Leo stands next to Traci.

"Andy don't worry I saw Sam. He's okay." I grab his cheek and thank him for taking care of Sam.

I am talking to Gail and I hear a knock on the door. The group of heads turns toward the door. Jerry is standing loosely on the door.

"Andy." He looks furrowed. "Andy he's out of Icu." Everyone in the room takes a deep breath.

"Jesus Jer, you freaked me out."

"Sorry, glad to see you're okay." He sits next to Oliver on the bench, and Leo jumps on his lap. The nurse walks in and checks my stitches. Leo jumps up and tells me how cool they look. Oliver hobbles over and tells me how jealous he is that my scar is going to be cooler than his. The nurse walks back in and looks happy.

"Hi, Ms. McNally. Officer Swarek has been moved to a recovery room. It's a double room so I can have you transferred. It is right next to Officer Shaw's and Price's room, so you guys would all be within walking distance. I need Officer Shaw and Price to return to the room for rounds and everyone else can follow me as I transfer Officer McNally. Chloe and Oliver shuffle out of the room, and I follow as the nurse pushes the Bed down the hallways. Leo hops on and sits on my legs. We roll for a few minutes and then I see Chloe and Oliver turn into a room so we have to be close. We turn at the Nurses station and then we turn again and go into a room. I see Sam sleeping so peacefully. He looks exhausted and drained. The nurse locks my bed in and then helps me into a wheelchair. Traci and everyone else awkwardly wanders into Oliver's room. I have the nurse lock the wheelchair right next to Sams bed and leaves us be.