The Metamorphosis | Franz Kafka

PLOT

The Metamorphosis tells the story of salesman Gregor Samsa who wakes one morning to find himself inexplicably transformed into a huge insect (literally "monstrous vermin"), subsequently struggling to adjust to this new condition.

IDLE TALK

Waking up to lead a completely different life... Have you ever imagined such a thing? I certainly have. One day, I woke up in a different world. It was vibrant and full of people. More importantly, you were there, too.

...

I know it was only a dream. Still, there's nothing wrong with dreaming, is there? Let's talk about books rather than daydreams.

There is a book about waking up turned into a giant insect. It's ​The Metamorphosis​, a novella by Franz Kafka. It's unclear as to why the protagonist has turned into a bug. The rest of Kafka's novels are also about illogical situations. Like being hired to work in an unreachable castle... Or being stuck in front of a gate which only you can visit. Still, I end up reading them for some reason. Perhaps it's because they're based upon social concerns... And distress in the workplace. I can somewhat relate to what I read. It's... reassuring.

You should read this if you haven't yet. I'm quite convinced you'll enjoy it.