The Myth of Sisyphus | Friedrich Nietzsche

PLOT

Influenced by philosophers such as Søren Kierkegaard, Arthur Schopenhauer, and Friedrich Nietzsche, Camus introduces his philosophy of the absurd, that life is inherently devoid of meaning and consequently absurd, but humans will nevertheless forever search for meaning. Camus compares the absurdity of man's life with the situation of Sisyphus, a figure of Greek mythology who was condemned to repeat forever the same meaningless task of pushing a boulder up a mountain, only to see it roll down again.

IDLE TALK

Thinking too deeply will lead you back to your original doubts. Is life worth living or not? If it isn't, there was never any need to fret in the first place. That may be going too far, but it's a pressing matter to me. I'm determining the value of life... By reading books and talking with you. I don't think I'm over-exaggerating when I say that. Novels depict life in every conceivable way. There's one that tackles my concerns head-on. That book is called ​The Myth of Sisyphus.

The Myth of Sisyphus​ is written by Albert Camus. It examines life, death... And the absurd.

Background knowledge is needed in order to follow his assertions. I'll admit that the content can get rather difficult to comprehend. However, if philosophy interests you... This may be a great gateway into the subject. It also contains a number of essays. The Myth of Sisyphus itself is only eight pages long... By reading all 200 pages will help further your understanding. So don't just skim through it. Take the time to mull over the value of living life.

You should read it if you haven't yet. I'm quite convinced you'll enjoy it.