Chapter 7: Slowly

Pic cred to rightful owner

Sorry for the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

"You don't really talk about work." Jimin says to Taehyung, the two sitting in their usual icecream parlor.

"Well, I'm here to spend time with you so lets not talk about work." Taehyung says and Jimin rolls his eyes.

"Come on, tell me. How is your boss, your fellow employees. Your office or anything, tell me." Jimin says and Taehyung sighs.

"My boss is an alpha, really nice to me. Strict when it comes to work. I don't talk to him other than work though." Taehyung says.

"Sehun is the only fellow employee I know and talked to. He's also very nice and---I don't know, welcoming? I guess." Taehyung chuckles.

"My office is right next to my boss's office. It's really comfy and my boss watches me work sometimes, I'm not really sure but I do feel like he's looking. Also, the---".

"You boss looks at you while you work?" Jimin asks and Taehyung looks at him blankly.

"I said, I think he does. I'm not sure. He's a busy person, doesn't have time to waste while watching me work. And maybe he just checks if I'm working or not." Taehyung shrugs.

"What else does he do huh?" Jimin says in amusement and Taehyung knew he'd take it wrong.

"Well, after the meeting tomorrow, there will be a dinner held after few days and he took me to a designer store, they took my measurements and I will have a new outfit for the dinner and the company pays." Taehyung says and Jimin looks him with wide eyes.

"Man, this is insane." Jimin says.

"Trust me, I still can't believe it." Taehyung replies.

"You totally deserve all this, Tae. After everything you went through, you deserve to be treated good." Jimin says as if he knows the whole truth.

He knows just a little. Taehyung hasn't told him any depth yet. He just knows what's on the surface, what Taehyung needs to remember and the rest, he wants to forget so there's no way he's telling anyone that---he doesn't tell that to himself even.

"Thanks." Taehyung says, voice small.

They stay there for a while, finish their icecreams and head to their building. Jimin wishes Taehyung good luck for the meeting tomorrow.

The omega goes through the files and the report, notices it's midnight so he decided to sleep, can't afford to be late tomorrow.

---------------------

Taehyung was standing a bit far from the reception, talking to Sehun when Jeongguk walked out of the elevator, Seokjin behind him.

Jeongguk approaches the two who were very much drowned in the conversation, smiling a little as they did and didn't notice Jeongguk and Seokjin.

Taehyung looks at Jeongguk but the alpha only walks past them, towards his office, doesn't give him time to even say goodmorning.

Taehyung wonders what happened to him.

"Good morning Seokjin-ssi." Taehyung says and the older omega smiles back.

"Good morning hyung." Sehun says.

"Good morning to you two." Seokjin utters.

"Taehyung, ready for today?" Seokjin asks after Sehun excuses himself.

"Yes." Taehyung says, hopeful.

"Good." Seokjin says. "I'll see you in the meeting." Taehyung nods at that.