Chapter 27: Forgiveness

Jin began to laugh as soon as his mind processed what Mika had just said. Everyone else in the room looked at him with worry as he continued, clutching onto the podium so that he wouldn't fall over. Ranka came over and put his arm around her shoulders as he slipped. He was barely standing upright as his laughing subsided after a while.

"What's so funny?" Mika asked, not expecting this kind of reaction from him.

"Oh, not much." He replied, still chuckling as he struggled to regain his footing. "I was expecting a really serious choice that you would give me, not an easy one like this."

"W-what do you mean?" the role rat asked, still confused by how Jin was acting.

He had finally composed himself and stood up straight, still holding into Ranka's shoulders. Jin smiled, taking one of his hands and gently started to pet her. "Obviously, I would choose to be with her over this school if that is the case."

Jin could swear that Ranka's eyes had hearts in them as she looked up at him. She grabbed him tightly by the waist and started to nuzzle up against him. The pair turned around and started to walk back towards the door, leaving behind a confused council, none more at a loss than Mika.

"But why?" Mika cried out, her mind still spinning. Why would he reject this school so quickly? He had barely taken a second to make his answer known to the council, too quick for a man to be with her and not driven by love. "Seton University is one of the most prestigious schools that you can ever hope to attend. Any job, any career that you can imagine, would be yours once you graduate. Is Ranka really worth giving up on success?"

Jin turned his head around to take a quick look at Mika, giving her a small smile. "What is the point of that kind of success if I can't be with Ranka? And if I am with the one that I love, am I not successful?" He turned back and continued on his way, arm around Ranka as Ferryl opened the door for the pair.

Mika was in a state of shock. All this time, every single step of her plan, she was always seeing Jin as a man that was driven purely by lust, to have his own interspecies harem. "But to choose her over the school?" Her mind racked itself, but there was only one reason why he would choose Ranka so quickly.

"Is that what love is?" Mika asked herself. Although never experienced it with another before, she did see it many times between other couples, with one doing whatever they could to stay with the other, even if it meant sacrificing something else that they enjoyed or cherished. "If that's the case, then Jin would give up this school only for love."

The door closed quickly, leaving the council alone with a very important decision to make. Mika looked down at her bill, now certain about what to do. The whole reason for its existence was gone, leaving her with only one real choice. "After all, a good student council president recognizes when they are wrong and does what she can to make it right."

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Jin! Ranka! Where are the babies?" MeiMei yelled as she burst into the cooking room. Being the last one to return from her winter trip, she hadn't seen anyone else from the cooking club until this very moment.

"We didn't do anything like that. So, get your mind out of the gutter you perverted panda!" Jin scolded her as he kneaded the eighth batch of cookie dough. January had made the school a complete winter wonderland with the many feet of snow that flooded the streets. Ranka had come up with the idea to welcome the others when they came back with many different sweets to celebrate.