Bonus Chapter! Part 3

Imani the tiger!" A massive cheer erupted from the crowd as the tiger plopped herself over the edge of the pool, gasping for breath.

Yena sighed as she dropped down to her seat. Usually, a friend not winning isn't that big of a deal to her, since her sport-minded friends would simply use that loss as a motivation to work harder and do better next time. But in this case, this friend was different. "She will think that she has failed us. She wanted so hard to win for us today. Poor Miyubi, she was training so much for today."

Yena decided that she might as well comfort the sloth and leaped off the benches to the pool area. As she did, she looked around to find her in the crowd of other animals that had come down to congratulate their teammates. Yena spotted Miyubi, but despite all their friends had left to find Jin and Ranka, she was not alone. Nor was she upset as Yena had expected. In fact, she was actually smiling as she shook the hands of the tiger that she had just raced against.

Miyubi saw Yena and smiled as the hyena approached, a little bit confused at what she was seeing. "Yena! I am....so glad you.... came. Imani here......taught me how......to swim better.....when I....was a kid!" Imani smiled a bit embarrassingly as Miyubi praised her. "You were already pretty decent, I only taught you how to be better back then." She explained humbly.

"Ah, and you must be Yena!" Imani said, eagerly shaking Yena's hand. "Miyubi has told me so much about you and how you helped her out yesterday. Good thinking with the narrow vision goggles, I never would have thought of that!" Imani was interrupted when the rest of her group came along and swept her away, to celebrate her victory. "Good job today Miyuibi! Talk to you later!" She faintly cried out as the crowd made a mad dash to the tent they had set up.

Yena turned to look at Miyubi, who was still smiling as she returned the wave for her friend. "Well, it looks like my googles did work pretty well since you got second place," Yena said awkwardly, trying to find the right words to say. She had expected her to be more let down after her defeat, but there was no sign of sadness on the sloth's face.

Miyubi turned to reply, but Yena smelled something. A faint iron smell, with a hint of sweetness to it. It smelled like blood, not surprising given that hyenas have an excellent sense of smell to track down their food. In fact, it smelled a bit like it came from a person like it came from...... "Jin!" Yena cried out, grabbing Miyubi's hand as she started sprinting across the campus.

"I was going to dry myself off with a towel, but this also works." Miyubi thought as she flew behind Yena. With the pair's hands together, she almost resembled a kite that the hyena was trying to get as high as possible. "This is not a bad way to go." She thought as she died yet again, due to the stress of being dragged along.

Yena turned around a corner and saw Hitomi with the rest of the group, sprinting to the same general direction that her nose was leading her. "I know where Jin is!" Hitomi yelled out as Yena caught up with the group. "One of the wolves told us that they are this way and to be careful, he is getting the first responders that are nearby!"

"They are apparently there." She continued, short of breath as she pointed to the shack. MeiMei had taken the opportunity to sprint as fast as she could, hoping that she would be able to catch Ranka caring for Jin. For once, her hopes were realized, as she had blurted out that what Jin meant was that he also liked Ranka.

The others were within earshot when she said this, and all gathered at the door frame as Jin passed out. Barely a second had passed before the first responders appeared, forcing their way into to help Jin. It was then that Yena realized that Miyubi had died once again.

Despite it being a regular occurrence, she felt a twinge of guilt for it happening again. She placed the sloth on her back and began to walk with the others to the hospital.