Chapter 6- Temptations

If we were going to continue with a casual relationship, I needed to ask him something and I was certain I knew what his response would be. I could deal with whatever I was feeling.

"Where do you see yourself in a few years?" I asked.

He pondered the question for a moment. "Hopefully with a championship, maybe more than one."

"What about personally? Relationship? . Family?" I questioned.

"Not for a while. I'm young, I have plenty of time for all of that when I'm older. I'm not looking to settle down anytime soon. Right now, I'm focused on my career." He replied.

I was torn by his response. Part of me was relieved, part of me crushed. I couldn't really understand why I was feeling the way I was feeling. I was nowhere near ready to settle down myself. I know I got down on myself Valentine's Day over my inability to hold onto any meaningful relationship. I had just been dumped and I was feeling a little vulnerable, but after a little soul searching, I came to the conclusion that I was the problem. I had commitment issues. Blame it on my background. My mom never remarried after my dad, mainly because she had commitment issues herself. Most women my age were married by now. Their biological clocks were ticking. I figured my clock must have been broken or something because I had no desire for any of that.

On the other hand, my feelings for him went beyond casual. I couldn't put a finger on exactly what I was feeling though. It scared me, but I was having too much fun with him to worry about any of that.

"What about you?" He asked. I had forgotten what the question even was. "Where do you see yourself in a few years?" He reminded me.

Good question. I thought to myself.

"I have no clue." I laughed. "I just live by the moment. Day to day. I don't make plans because I constantly change my mind. I'm too set in my ways to think of settling down. Not to mention I absolutely suck at relationships."

I could do this casual thing. At least we appeared to be on the same page with everything.

Soon, I got a text from Tracy letting me know she had arrived and was waiting for me at the gate. I gave Ryan a quick kiss. I knew he had some media center interviews coming up, and I didn't want to be in the way while he did his thing, so I was going to hang out with Tracy for a while.

"I swung by your place and got you a change of clothes, but looks like you already got that taken care of." She smirked as she handed me a tote bag, obviously noticing the shirt I was wearing.

"I already decided Ryan is not getting his shirt back." I laughed.

"Girl you are glowing this morning. I guess you had another hot night." She gushed.

"It was fucking amazing Trace." I couldn't help but blush as I recounted the events from the previous night and this morning. Hell, she was blushing herself.

"I am so fucking jealous. Ugh! Why can't I have that." She groaned in frustration.

"I uh.. I heard it through the grapevine that your guy Chase Elliott is newly single. I heard Ryan talking about getting together with him later. If he includes me, then maybe I can..." I began, but Tracy cut me off when she grabbed my arm in a death grip.

"Do whatever you can please Kori. Remember who did you a favor by inviting you this weekend, even though you thought you were doing me a favor." I didn't bother telling her the tickets had been intended for me in the first place. Why burst her bubble.

"I'll see what I can do." I laughed.

"Do you know I am nearly ten years older than Chase?" She commented randomly.