Chapter one

A/N

This is my first time writing like this, so please be kind!

co-writing with RickyNini

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Olivia, come on you're going to do great", Sofia said over the phone.

"Oh come on, how do you know that!! Your half halfway across the country" I shrieked.

Sofia was my best friend and has been since third grade and we pretty much have been inseparable since then.

We do everything together, I mean we did. After high school our careers took us in different directions, for her she's studying dance in NYC.

But I'm out here in La chasing my dream of being an actress while also disgracing my parents in the mix.

 You see my parents are both business people and for them there were only three paths for me.

One, go to law school and become a boring suit dressing lawyer who does nothing but look over papers and what not.

Two, go to medical school and become a doctor and work long dull hours, Gross.

Finally Three work in the family business, the worst of all options. Just imagine working in the same proximity as my parents, yuck.

You see both of my parents have led very very boring lives, both going to college having successful careers in the business industry and later meeting each other and starting their own boring business. But i'm not like that. I can't settle and I won't.

From as long as I can remember I have been dancing and singing my way through life and I have always wanted to be an actor. So here I am, I have left my safe, comtrouble home in Salt Lake City Utah and left for the big city of Los Angeles.

Oh and also completely disgracing my parents and getting cut off from the family and any money i was "supposedly" entitled to.

This is currently my second week out in la and i'm living in a comfortable one bedroom apartment in downtown La. It's definitely not what i'm used to, but it's nice in its own way and it's close to my new favourite coffee place. Cafe De Flore, a wonderfully quaint and peaceful coffee place.

That's where I am on my way to now, we'll also be talking to my best friend sofia. I'm getting my daily coffee intake from here before I go to the most important audition of my life.

Even though I have only been here for a short amount of time I already have a manager. She's really nice and set me up with this big audition for this upcoming movie. I'm super pumped and also really nervous.

"Sofia please will you just come get me and come with me to my audition" I said. "No, you know I can't do that and plus this is your chance to go out on your own, spread your wings" Sofia argued back.

"No i already did that when I  disgraced my parents by becoming an actress or 'unemployed" as they would put it",

"Liv, you'll be fine I promise, your Olivia god dam Rodrigo!!! You can do anything, go prove your parents wrong".

I smiled, "Ok.. well im almost to this coffee place I love we'll chat soon."

''Ok", Sofia said, "call me after your addition and tell me how it goes, love you"!

"Ok me too, bye". I say as I end the call and neer the coffee shop  ahead of me. Hmm.. this is the start of something new, I  can just feel it!