Chapter Five

hope you guys like

This part was written by @RickyNini

.................................................................................................................

Olivia's POV

"Thank you so much. I promise to make this audition." I said with a slight laugh before I hung up the phone

That was my manager who thankfully did not fire me for missing the last audition that she scheduled for me. She booked another auditon instead which happened to be in two days.

Just then my doorbell rang. I slowly walk to the door, opening it...but to my surprise no one is there,

I swear, if it's these stupid kids around the neighborhood playing ding dong ditch...

They always do it! They're so immature. I was about to close the door when I saw a box on my doorstop

I was about to grab it when I thought to myself.

I did order some product from China when I was bored one day, but I didn't think that it would arrive. I thought I cancelled the order.

I squatted down, opening the box to see what was inside. I opened the small box, seeing a phone and some letter inside.

"A new phone?" I said to myself. I picked up my still broken phone which was in my pocket.

I looked at the outside of the box, seeing if it went to the wrong address. But there was nothing on the box.

I looked at the note inside, seeing if there was anything on the note. Maybe this was from that one dude that gave me a ride home. I think he gave me his name but I can't remember it .

I picked up the note

202-555-0175

Call me :)

- Darren

Oh, so his name is Darren. I couldn't be mad at him, he did give me a new phone...and he was nice earlier

I brought the box inside before I closed the door. I threw my old phone away since there was no purpose of keeping it. I excitingly grabbed the new phone. I could tell it was expensive. Way more expensive than my old one.

It took a while to set up some phone settings and then I decided to text that number. I dialed the number into my phone before I decided to text this Darren guy.

I wasn't sure what to say...

Liv: hey, I just want to say thank you for the new phone. It really does mean a lot to me.

based on my previous experiences, I knew that it could take a guy up to five weeks to respond to a message. I was about to exit the texting app when the guy responded back

Darren: of course, hope I made it up to you with the phone

Wow, the dude actually responded back right away. I texted him back, I wanted to seem polite

Liv: yeah, it really does make it up. You didn't have to do that. Do you want me to pay you back? I can use Venmo.

I swear, if the guy actually says that he wants me to pay him back...

Darren: no. I ruined your old phone. Don't even consider it a gift.

Liv: okay. Thank you so much again

Darren: I know that we didn't get off on the best start. I did break your phone and spill coffee on you 😬 Do you think we can start over?

I mean, I was probably never going to see this Darren guy again. Why not?

Liv: of course