Chapter 2 - Chaos

Lucy's POV

"I wonder what I should eat for lunch today?" I mumbled to myself. I arrived in Hargeon about three days ago looking for my father Igneel. I've been looking for him while I've been travelling the whole of Fiore. The only thing I have left from him is the scaly white scarf around my neck. I grasped my scarf and look down at it lovingly. Remembering all the fond memories I've had with Igneel.

"Ah Salamander!" I heard a woman cheer and noticed a crowd of women surrounding a man. Salamander? This man was impersonating me! It makes me mad that this guy is using my nickname to pick up women. I earned that nickname from helping each town I visited. I began to stomp over to this fake Salamander to give him a piece of my mind. When I reached the middle of the crowd, I noticed a spiky pink-haired man in a cloak and a blue cat standing on two legs was interrogating him. I heard the women call the pink-haired man 'Chaos'. I've never heard of this 'Chaos' guy.

"Take off the rings" Chaos demand. "What?" the fake Salamander asked in confusion and looked a bit panicked. "You heard him. Take off the rings" the blue cat said. The cat can talk?! "I don't know what you're talking about" fake Salamander replied, sweating bullets. Suddenly in a panic, the fake Salamander threw a fireball at the blue cat. My body instantly jumped into action. I crouched in front of the blue cat with my back towards the flame and then pulled him to my chest. The flame hit me but it didn't burn me. Fire can't burn a Fire Dragon Slayer.

The women around us ran away screaming and then I saw Chaos run off after the fake Salamander. I turned my attention to the blue cat and stood up with him in my arms. "Are you hurt?" I asked him and he shook his head. "No but what about you?" he replied worriedly. A pair of white wings appeared on his back and then he flew out of my arms to inspect my back. "You can fly too?!" I exclaimed. "I'm an exceed. Why don't you have a burn mark?" he asked. "Fire attacks can't hurt me" I replied. He nodded in understanding and then flew into my chest in a hug. "You feel nice to hug" he said and I took it as a compliment.

"Anyway, my name's Lucy Heartfilia. What's yours?" I asked. "I'm Happy!" he replied, "I'm glad you're happy but what's your name?" I asked. "No my name is Happy" he replied. "Oh, and who's your friend? I overheard the girls calling him 'Chaos'" I asked. "Yeah that's his nickname but his real name is Natsu Dragneel" Happy explained. "Chaos Dragon Wing Attack!" we heard Natsu chant and we turned our attention to him. 'He's a Dragon Slayer too?' I thought.

"Oh no, I need to stop him before he kills him" Happy said, completely focused on Natsu. "What?!" I exclaimed. "Natsu!" Happy shouted and then Natsu turned to look at us. His glare could freeze someone in their tracks but to me, he wasn't scary. I recognised the look in his eyes. He's been misunderstood throughout his life.

Natsu walked up to us, staring at me the whole time. "This is Natsu" Happy introduced while pointing to said person. "Hi I'm Lucy" I greeted with a smile. He growled but it didn't sound as threatening as I think he meant it to be. "I recognise him now" Happy said pointing to the fake Salamander. "That's Bora the Prominence, he got kicked out of the Titan Nose Guild because he used magic in thievery. He's a regular fire wizard" he continued.

For some reason, Natsu growled angrily. I wondered what made him angry. "I'm guessing he isn't here" Happy said while flying out of my arms. He? Are they looking for someone? "Who are you looking for?" I asked, hoping I could help in some way. "A Fire Dragon Slayer called Salamander" Happy replied. They were looking for me? "What do you need from me?" I asked. Natsu raised his eyebrow while Happy looked at me shocked. "Huh?!" Happy exclaimed. "I'm a Fire Dragon Slayer and my nickname is Salamander. The name stuck after I helped a few towns" I explained.

Natsu suddenly walked up to me until he was a few inches from my face with a scowl on his face. "Prove it" he said in a cold husky voice which gave me chills down my spine. I wasn't scared of him actually I was feeling the complete opposite. I love a good challenge. "Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" I chanted and swung my flaming fist at him. I expected him to dodge my attack and as predicted he quickly stepped back. I raised my flaming fist beside my head to show them my flames. "Believe me now" I said, with a smug grin.

"That explains why you didn't get hurt when Bora's fireball hit you" Happy said in realisation. I extinguished my flame and then put my fist down. "So, what did you want me for?" I asked with my arms crossed. "Natsu's looking for his dragon Acnologia and wanted to know if you've seen him" Happy answered. I've heard of Acnologia. Igneel and him have been fighting for centuries but despite that, I don't feel the same hatred in Natsu. I know he cares for his exceed friend so I know he's nothing like his father that I've heard about from Igneel.

My expression went from nice to apologetic when I turned to look at Happy. "Sorry I can't help you. I'm actually also looking for my dragon, Igneel" I replied. "Did he leave on the seventh of July X777?" Happy asked. "Yeah he did. Did Acnologia go missing around that time too?" I asked, "yeah" Happy replied.

Guessing that was all they wanted me for, I looked at Bora. 'I could get a few jewels for some new clothes or a Sorcerer Weekly magazine if I take him to the authorities' I thought. I've been needing to buy some new clothes since the clothes I'm wearing were starting to wear out and I wanted to read the newest issue of Sorcerer Weekly to find out what Fairy Tail have been up to. I would love to join Fairy Tail if I knew where it was.

"Well, I'm sorry I couldn't have been more help but if that's all you guys wanted, I'm going to take this fake 'Salamander' to the authorities" I said. As I was about to walk away, someone grabbed my wrist which turned out to be Natsu. I whipped my head around, "hey what are you-Ah?!" I exclaimed as he threw me over his shoulder. "Let me go!" I shouted and I hit his back. He ignored my shouting for him to put me down and began walking towards the forest. Everyone was staring at the three of us but for some reason, everyone was too afraid to help me. "So, I guess we're taking her with us?" Happy asked Natsu. I felt Natsu give him a slight nod in response. "Yay Lucy's coming with us!" Happy cheered. What have I gotten myself into?