Chapter 4 ❀ Meetings

"Maaan~ [Name]'s food was great, but the Chocolate Parfait was the best!~ Thanks again, [Name]!" Mokuba grinned at you brightly as you, he and his elder brother were descending from the car, ready to enter the Kaiba Corporation headquarters building. "Anything and anytime for you, Mokuba—"

Suddenly you were blinded by a series of flashes which had the nerve to cut you off while you were showering Mokuba with supportive words. At first you didn't know what the cause of them might have been, but as soon as you heard a bunch of different peoples' voices, it became quite clear: The media. "Mr. Kaiba, a word please!"

"Is it true that you are getting married?"

"Who is this woman? Is she your fiancé?"

"Is it true that you still haven't beaten Yugi Muto in a children's card game?"

"What is this woman's social status? Is she the heiress of a—"

"Quiet, you sniveling sycophants." Was Kaiba's rude and sudden outburst that instantly silenced the entire crowd. He then used his white coat as cover in order to shield Mokuba and surprisingly you, too, from the reporters.

You had been holding a stash of papers in your hands ever since leaving the car, so you weren't of much use right now, but the three of you nonetheless managed to get inside the tall building without any problems. Everyone else was stopped by the bodyguards at the automatic doors.

"Thanks for that one." You said once you had the room to breathe properly again. The brunet dismissed your gratitude, soon asking his younger brother if he was fine. Before anyone could say anything else, Roland came storming in in your direction: "Mr. Kaiba! [Name]! Where were you?! I tried calling you so many times!"

"Your job isn't to worry about me, it's to take care of Mokuba and my schedule." Kaiba said in his signature pissed-off tone to which Roland had no choice but to remain quiet. He didn't even, actually, because now was finally his time to shine, or so you narrated it in your mind. "Exactly! Have you already forgotten about the meeting today?!"

"You mean the space elevator project one? Do I look like I would forget something like that?" Roland was actually really getting on the CEO's nerves despite having made a valid point, but perhaps that was the case because Kaiba was already frustrated enough due to the reporters outside as well as the deal with the marriage proposals. "Get moving already."

Just like he had ordered, you, Roland and even Mokuba followed him into the elevator without voicing any kind of disagreements. Once the doors had closed, a more than awkward silence filled the somewhat narrow space. It was then that you had taken your first proper glance at Kaiba today. "You're not wearing a suit today?"

"Took you long enough to notice." Seto retorted, for some reason his response not as rude as you expected it to be — or at least it didn't come off that way due to his unusually calm, almost gentle tone. You sighed and even though you pretended to be proper and composed, your eyes kept finding their way to Kaiba's abdomen where they stayed practically glued.

Usually, Kaiba would either wear a light blue button-up shirt or a black top and a long white sleeveless KaibaCorp-designed coat featuring shoulder pads and a raised studded collar over it. Right now he wore the latter which wouldn't be a problem if only his top weren't so tight. Or if he weren't so ripped. "Isn't that a bit inappropriate to wear to a meeting with important people?"

"Do you perhaps want to wipe your snot with this as well — just like you did with my bedsheets this morning?" A mischievous smirk made its way onto Kaiba's face while you did everything in your power to hide your currently boiling one with the documents you held. Why on earth would he bring that up now? There was no real connection between his awfully tight top and his bedsheets!