Season 2 Episode Eight

Season 2

Chapter eight

The army followed Hvitserk and I closely as we made our way to the camp. We came to the border and stood there.

"You stay here with half the army, it doesn't look like we need much," Hvitserk said.

I looked over at Hvitserk and said, "You know I won't do that."

"As your Prince I say you will..." I scoffed, looking down, then back at Hvitserk.

"You forget Hvitserk. I'm a great army general, I can center them."

"Yes, you are also the Queen of Kattegat, we need you," Hvitserk said. I need you. IS what he meant to say.

I drew my sword, raising it high in the air as the men followed my lead. Hvitserk wasn't surprised as he smiled at me.

"I'll see you all in Valhalla!" I screamed as our army stormed down the camp like a rushing wave from the ocean.

--

The Christian army did not stand a chance. We overrun them within the first hour and Hvitserk manages to capture Headmund all by himself. Our brave Hvitserk and his love for his King and Queen. We went back to Kattegat the following morning, cheering and shouting with pride as we brought in Headmund barely alive.

It was too easy, the army was already weakened by Ivar who took down most of their top guards. I couldn't believe this when a dying Christian soldier told us. He called Ivar the Devil. All because he had a blood lust in his eyes that was only cured by tasting theirs. This story would go down in history for years to come. 

A slave girl ran to me and said, "My Queen! My Queen! It's a miracle!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the back. She then bowed her head down as I walked in. There stood Ivar, on his feet! His color had come back and his body wasn't covered in cuts and bruises. He is healthy to say the least.

"Ivar..." I said, going over to him. He grasped me in his arms and hugged me tightly with two arms. I couldn't believe he was standing up and well.

"Look, look, look what I can do!" Ivar said, picking up his leg slightly. It is the most he could ever do. I gasped in surprise.

"It's truly a miracle!" I said, kissing him, "Thank the Gods!" "My strong Ivar," my hand went to his face.

"Not the Gods!" Ivar said. I looked at him confused as my smile disappeared.

"Who?" "I must reward the person!"

"Harbord."

"Who?"

"Your Majesty..." a strange voice came from behind me.

I turned around to see a large man standing in front of me. He had a black beard and black, long hair. His eyes glistened against it all which told me I had nothing to fear. I still felt concerned there was a stranger in my room, and I did not understand why. I drew my sword as it made Ivar alert.

"No, Yrsa," Ivar said. He took his hand and lowered my sword. I turned to him and said,

"Ivar, there is a man in our bedroom."

"Yes,"

"How did he get into our bedroom?" I asked.

"Please, do not fear me," He said, approaching me. He was much bigger than my father was. He lowered my sword all the way as I became extremely concerned.

He smiled as he laughed, "Ivar she is truly beautiful." His fingers gilded against my cheek.

"I can see you two having many sons."