Season 4 Chapter Six

Season 4 (Breathe, Britney Spears)

Chapter Six

The summer grew hotter, it's unusual for summertime in Kattegat. The air is moist and thick. Although our crops have never grown faster. We took it as a sign from the Gods and left it like that. Brae granted permission to the woman to wear fewer garments, this is done by simply tearing the sleeves of their dresses. It allowed me to wear nothing but my loose-fitting dresses.

I tried to get away from the sun by going to pick berries out in the forest. Brae likes berries. He once ate a whole branch. Ivar and I found him asleep inside the bush. Ivar knew then he was mine because of his free-spirit. I smiled bending down and expecting the fresh berries. Today is a good day for me. I did not fight to get out of bed, and I slept peacefully. I don't condone it to Hvitserk that now sleeps in my bed. I always make sure there is a pillow between us. He loves the game.

I didn't dream of Ivar, I think he is raiding in Valhalla. I dreamt the other day he was dressing to go on a raid. It's when Brae was very young. He promised not to ever again, but Uncle Rollo needed him. I understood, it took Hvitserk and Ivar two months to return. Every raiding, when Ivar returns, he grows weaker and weaker. I do regret allowing him to go all the time.

I jumped, letting out a scream. A full body landed in front of me. His smile gleamed and his eyes sparkled like the ocean. He wore less garment as well, an open shirt which exposed particle of his tattoo and sweat dripped from his head.

"Hvitserk..." I sighed in relief.

"Did I scare the fearless Yrsa?" He cooed.

I scoffed, picking up my basket and stormed off in the opposite directions.

Hvitserk slightly hesitate when he tried to catch up to me, "May I walk with you?"

"If you have any questions about our son then yes, if then, no."

"I know you're mad at me for not trying to talk to him about going to Frankia," Hvitserk said, he went in front of me.

"It's funny how you like to be a father you wanna be."

"It's not like that, Yrsa!" Hvitserk grunted, stopping me.

He grabbed me by my shoulders as I looked up, I smiled, dropping the basket. I approached Hvitserk as he became very nervous. I pushed him slightly as I giggled and ran.

"Not this game again..." he giggled. "I thought you were still grieving!" He shouted, running after me.

"I'm!" I shouted back. He laughed rushing down the lush green forest.

I stopped and turned to find he wasn't there. I turned around again as he was about to grab me. I dodged him, he laughed as he chased after me. I went behind a tree, my heart was pounding and I couldn't stop laughing. He managed to get in front of me. He cornered me by the tree. His breathing became rapid, and his cheeks turned red. I couldn't help but murmur,

"Oh my, Hvitserk..." I wanted him.

From behind Hvitserk I saw Ivar's ghost standing behind him. He looked broken. He didn't like I was playing with his brother. I looked over to Hvitserk as my adrenaline pumped again. I ran again, as Hvitserk became far from me. I turned to see he was no longer in sight. I waited to see if he was going to pop out from somewhere, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Hvitserk?"

I looked around for him, until I saw his body lay in the long grass behind me. I rushed over to him and bent down. His entire boy was drenched with sweat. His face is red and flushed. I held him in my arms as I splashed some water on his face from a small puddle. He startled awake, he looked around and then to me. I smiled gently at him. His eyes are glassy again.

"You've been crying again?" I asked gently.

"Just a little, I miss him still, and you and Brae are the closest thing I have left to him," Hvitserk said.

"When you push me away, I know you don't mean it sometimes, but sometimes I think you do."

I sighed, as I poured some more water over his face. He looked up at me, as I fanned back his wet hair. Slowly, I removed his shirt, exposing what is now a large scar from Bjorn. I will always remember that day, yes, I wanted to get to my son just like Ivar and Hvitserk wanted but I wanted to feel Hvitserk in my arms one last time. I held Hvitserk close to me, resting my head on his.

"I'm sorry if I push you away, I miss him too, and I can't but to feel loyal still to my husband," I said, breathlessly.

"I admire you for that," he whispered. I placed a kiss on his forehead as we held each other's hands.

"This is not a trick?" I asked.

"No," he said.

He rested his head on my chest, "Did I scare the fearless Yrsa?" he asked softly.

I chuckled, "A little."

I began to rock him back and forth slightly, "No more games," I said.

"I love you, Hvitserk," I said. I could feel him smile as he said, "I love you too."

He opened his eyes as he glared at me, his smile curved as he got up. He pulled me up with him. As he threw his shirt to the ground.

I glared down at him as my smile curved up one side. "New game..." Hvitserk said. I laughed sadistically, tilting my head back.

"What new game is this?" He asked.

I went over to him and pressed my lips to his, he did push me away or tell me to stop. He welcomed me.

I pushed him away and began to run deeper into the forest. I still didn't feel comfortable enough to fully commit myself to Hvitserk, but I love him. I know I got Ivar's permission to love and marry again. Eventually, we had to stop because his scar began to burn. I went back for my berries and we went home. We walked shoulder to shoulder through the streets of Kattegat.

Brae was out for the day and the Great Hall only held Hvitserk and me I. I know a warm bath always helped him, and it would wash away all of the dirt and sweat. I darkened the room and slipped into a spell or a trans. All that mattered was Hvitserk. I stood over him as he tilted his head back and kissed him again. Water poured over his hair, and onto his head.

Breathing became heavy and present. Slowly, I ran the sponge around his shoulders. He then pulled me into the tub as we sank into it. He held me in his arms as we pressed our lips together. The steam from the bath matched the heat between us. The tension grew so much between us that we couldn't kiss each other with our mouths closed.

He then looked at me and said with a shaky voice, "Marry me, my Queen."