Alone Time With You

It was a week into her vacation and Jurnee was currently sitting in the hot tub with her mom

"Has Janice even talked to the girl?" Mama Tae asked.

"Not that I know of. I don't even think that she knows that she's staying at my house."

"Jurnee, I understand that you love Jayla, but how long is she staying there? What if Janice never lets her back home? You're possibly going to be taking care of Jayla and her baby."

"Aht! Aht!" Jurnee shook her head. "Both of that baby parents have jobs."

Jurnee made sure that Jayla didn't think shit was sweet. Jayla had a job at 03 too. She had to pick her shit up and prepare to keep shit in order.

Jurnee felt like she was being too nice. She made Jayla take care of all her business like she was suppose to. Welcoming her into the adult life early.

"Okay that's good. Momma Jurnee handling that business. Janice should be doing this though."

Mama Tae was completely okay with Jurnee helping Jayla out but Jayla wasn't Jurnee's responsibility. She felt like Janice was just pulling out and handing her responsibility over to Jurnee. Janice knew that Jayla would end up at Jurnee's house no matter what.

"Momma who?" Papa John asked coming out the house. "Jurnee ain't got no damn kids."

"See look at you. Don't even know the business but want to be in it. Mind your own." Mama Tae laughed.

"Yeah whatever. Let me find out Jurnee." Papa John joked.

This was them. Always. No matter what. They were close and always had fun. They allowed Jurnee to do her own thing and never forced anything with her. This was the reason she was so close to them.
£¥£
"You look a mess." Mae said once Smokey sat down at the table.

"Dang. No 'hey' or nothing? Insult right off the back. You took your medicine?" Smokey asked with a chuckle.

"She on dirt with me too." Andre chuckled.

"You just ugly Jordan and Andre leaving for Chicago again making him even more ugly."

"Ma, I look just like you." Smokey laughed.

"Shidd. Somebody lied to you. I'm not even sure if I'm y'all real momma no way."

"Me neither." Smokey said making Mae hit him from over the table.

"That's a warning Keating." the guard laughed.

"I told you what I was about before this visit and you keep playing. You ain't too old to get knocked out." she mugged.