Chapter 2 Continuation

👑 2 👑

"I thought you were with Vince?" suddenly a man said behind me.

I faced him with a smile. I don't want him to know I'm sad and disappointed about Vince leaving me alone. He just looked at me and smile but I know it's a fake one.

"Have you told Fiona about our trip?" I diverted the question

"Yeah, she said yes! Did your guy said No? You looked so down." he asked worriedly

"Of course not, He also said yes! He just needed to leave because of some emergencies." I smiled

What I said is true, he had some emergencies to attend to that's why he left.

"Why are you here by the way?" I asked him

"Asher called me." he replied without any emotions

"I'm sorry!" I apologized because I know I'm being an nuisance

"It's okay. I'm used to this Ash. Even before your so-called heartache, Asher wants me to protect you for he can't do it himself." he explained

I stayed quite, I don't want to say anything. He's looking at me, I can sense it and I confirmed it through my peripheral view.

"You need to understand them Ash. They just want what's best for you. We just want you safe, okay?" he smiled

"I know but until when? Until when Fiona will adjust Harv? Until when she can understand that you need to stay close to me and be with me every single day? You don't have time together. I'll talk to my brother, I know you're struggling to manage your time with her."  I want to know until when everyone in my life need to suffer

I smiled at him and he smiled back. We've been like this since high school. Being a burden to someone feels so wrong. Fiona is the best girlfriend, they were together for 3 years now. At first, she told me to stay away from Harvey but after our talked she allowed me to come with them. I value every friendship I have but knowing that I am the reason why they're struggling makes me feel erroneous.

I'm not in the mood to walk around the mall. I told Harvey that I'm going home and he should make time with Fiona after I leave. I told him to call her for a date and he did. I gave him a small box that I got inside my bag, it's a bracelet I bought when we went to Singapore last year. I originally bought it for myself but I think it can be a best gift for someone who sacrifice her feelings just for me. I told him to give it to Fiona, he refused at first but still accept the gift.

[Credit to https://www

[Credit to https://www.foldabox.co.uk]

[ Credit photo and actual product to https://arthurkaplan

[ Credit photo and actual product to https://arthurkaplan.co.za]

I arrived home safe. I checked mom and dad but their not home yet. I asked our maids if Asher was home but they said he's still in the office. I went to my room, I don't have anything to do. I took my phone and called him. I don't want to be a burden anymore.

Three rings and he answered;

"Why?" he asked without saying "Hello sis"

"Stop calling Harvey! Stop asking him to accompany me when I'm going somewhere! Stop asking him to stay by my side every time of every day when I'm in school! Stop this please!" I begged

"Why?" he asked again

"Bro, Harvey has a life of his own. I am not his life, I am not his girlfriend to be his priority." I explained

"Sis, I am not the one who asked him a favor. It's mom and dad and Harvey never complained about it."

"You know him bro, he never complains, we all know that."

"I know. But then you have plans right? I'll talk to him after that."

"Thank you! Thank you for listening." I said and ended the call

I recall the incident 6 years ago. . .

"Bye guys. See you tomorrow!" I bid my goodbye with a smile

I went outside the campus while waiting for my brother's dismissal. I want to buy a popsicle, my favorite. I will cross the street on my own even I don't know how. Our school was near the highway and infront of it, there were food stalls. I waited for other students to crossed for me to joined them and crossed the street safe. I already finished my popsicle when I decided to go back. There were no students crossing, it means I will be the only one to cross back to the school. I watched from left to right to know if there were vehicles coming. Upon knowing there was none, I hurriedly crossed but unfortunately there was a motorcycle running fast and hit me. I heard screams asking for help, minutes after I saw people encircled around me. I suddenly felt sleepy, I heard a familiar voice shouting to people to gave way. I saw my brother face that's when my eyes went slowly closed.

_ _

I had broken bones, my head got injured. I've been laying in the hospital bed for a month. A week to regained consciousness but Thank god I'm still alive. But for how many years my normal life is not normal. They're so caution, someone needs to stay by my side and that's Harvey. But then I'm old enough, I won't do any thing that will hurt me but I think loving someone is an exception. To love means to ready yourself to get hurt. So I decided after our getaway, I won't be someone's burden.

~ end ~

👑 EURUS 👑