chapter 22

chapter 22

Luke's POV

Silently I packed my things. I would leave at midnight with no-body seeing me leave. I made my bed so it looked like I was sleeping and made my way over the the balcony. I quietly opened the French doors and slipped out, closing the doors behind me. Leaning over the balcony I thought about what I was leaving behind. My family, my friends, the soon to be alpha title, but I also thought about what I was gaining by leaving. My sister. My sister was the most important thing in the world to me. So I vowed to myself there and then that I would find her, even if it killed me.

Zoe’s POV

I wandered along the meandering path, lost in my thoughts and barely noticed that I was trespassing. I froze and sniffed the air. Phew no one was coming after me. I relaxed slightly and raced through the territory and onto no mans land where I stopped for a rest. I shifted back into my human form and slipped on my bikini ( I brought it so I could cool down in water with out looking like a complete weirdo in front of humans) and dived swiftly into the small lake. After I surfaced I grabbed the small bottle of soap that I purchased while passing through a small town. Quickly scrubbed my body and lay my bikini out in the sun to dry out before putting on a new pair of clothes on and quickly dunking my dirty clothes in the water and then lay them out next to my bikini.Once it was starting to get dark I collected fire wood and started a fire. In didn’t really need one as I wouldn’t get cold and I can see perfectly in the dark, but I just decided I wanted one. I sat by the fire just thinking when a enticing scent drifted to where I was sat. I jumped up looking around me for some trace of where the scent was coming from. Just as I found what I was looking for a light grey wolf came into the clearing. He instantly lowered is head and lay down, showing he meant no harm. Still wary I told him to shift back. Quickly he leapt behind a tree and swiftly changed back and put on some shorts. When he emerged from behind the tree I was speechless. He was so handsome. A smooth perfect six-pack beautiful chocolate brown eyes that just made me melt on the inside, and dark brown hair that was just perfect. MATE!! My wolf screamed inside my head. In that moment he must have realised to because he ran forwards and wrapped me in his arms. For once in my life I felt safe, secure, and content.

Luke's POV

As I held her there in my arms I felt complete. My other half was in my arms and I couldn’t care less that she was a rogue. She was mine now and always would be. I loved her.

“Baby” I said softly, “What’s your name?”

“Zoe” she mumbled into my chest. “What’s yours?”

“Luke, I guess I’m rogue too now” I sighed. She looked up when I said that, her cute little face scrunched up in confusion.

“Why? You’re an alphas son, aren’t you?” She asked.

“I am, but I left under circumstances” I told her. “But you’d get bored if I told you.”

“No, I wouldn’t please tell me” she practically begged. So I began to tell her.

“When me and my sister were born we were twins. As close as you can get for a brother and sister. As we got older we stayed just as close, so you can imagine I was extremely upset when she disappeared. We searched for about a month with no trace. In this time she turned sixteen. That wouldn’t be a problem accept for the fact she didn’t know.” I paused as Zoe gasped before carrying on, “But the most astonishing thing happened, she was mates with an alpha from a different pack. That alpha then took me to see her, she is a white wolf” I said proudly. “But then another terrible thing happened, she was kidnapped, again. I left to find her. I told myself I would never go back without her. Ever”