Prologue

It was a rainy evening, the year 1912 when he painted a girl in a wedding dress. His heart is full of hate and anguish, as he faced the new chapter of his life. Without the girl he loves, who betrayed and killed him.

“Where should I put your painting, sir?” the butler nervously asked, as he holds the painting.

“Keep it in a safe place. It will take long until I see her beautiful face again.” he said in despair.

The butler runs outside the burning building.

He touches the newspaper with a headline about the sinking of the unsinkable ship. He weeps bitterly as he throws the newspaper into the fire.

“I will find you, Victoria, no matter how long it takes. I will surely find you. And when I do, I will kill you with my hands.” he said in a sad tone, as the fire continues to burn the whole building.

He left the room and went to his car.

“Where is your destination, sir?” his driver asked.

“To the port, we're going back to the Philippines.”

The car left the burning building when the firemen came.

“We need backup, the rain, and my team can't stand the fire. It's so huge, and it burns the whole building.” the fireman said to his radio.

“Copy, we need a backup for William Chase Hunter's burning mansion. Over.” the other line spit.

William Chase Hunter is one of the richest men in the world. It appears that he had everything, even immortality. But behind the fame and fortune is a miserable man whose longing for his lover. He will wait, no matter how long it takes, for her to come back.

-

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, businesses, companies, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

Photos are not mine, credits to the owner. (Google)

All rights reserved. Do not distribute, publish, or display without the permission of the author.

Written by: sofoniasageo
Date Started: October 23, 2019
Date Published: April 21, 2020
Date Re-Published: January 20,2021

To GOD Be All The Glory!