Chapter 4.

*please re-read old chapters for a refresher if necessary!*

-

Jisung knew it would happen. That he would disappear. But he knew he wouldn't be gone for long. He knew this because him and Minho had wished on the brightest star that night when they were children that they would always be together. And the rules of the sky state that you disappear forever if you are not soulmates. Jisung thought long and hard about it, and he realized that Minho truly was his soulmate.

His reason for waking up in the morning , it was always Minho. His best friend since the beginning, it was always Minho. The boy who taught him what hard work, perseverance and courage truly meant, was always his favorite, beautiful boy. Minho.

There is no one in this world he would rather cuddle with. There is no one in this world he would rather kiss on the forehead before saying goodnight. There was no one he would rather spend the rest of his life with. And there was no one he'd rather make the biggest sacrifice for.

When Jisung awoke the next morning, he was floating in what seem to be a black abyss with shiny specs all around him that expanded for miles and miles, were they stars? It seemed like something out of a cartoon or movie. In front of him he saw something like a glass panel with no hard edges, it seemed to blend into the black abyss around him. He brushed his hand across the panel and on the other side, a foggy image appeared before him.

Minho.

He gazed upon the sight, Minho sleeping peacefully in the bed. By the looks of how much he is squirming, it seemed that he was about to wake up.

'He's going to see. He's going to see for the first time since preschool. My love, I cant wait for you to finally see.'

Tears cascaded down Jisung's face as he held his hands to his shirt and gripped it as hard as he could. As if he was gripping his own heart.

Finally, Minho's eyes fluttered open. Extremely startled, he jerked himself up and slammed his back against the headboard. The realization washed over him.

He. Could. See.

Minho got up and raced over to the window. He threw it open and looked out onto the city. He looked out into the sky and saw the sunshine. He couldn't help but be overwhelmed and cry. Sunshine... Sunshine... he wanted to see his sunshine. Where was Jisung?

"Hannie?" Minho called out. Desperate for his best friend so that he could share this moment with him.

He screamed at the top of his lungs. "Hannie where are you?!" Minho fell to his knees and began sobbing and screaming. "Hannie! Sungie please!! Please where are you?!" Minho hugged his stomach and put his torso forwards. Balling and yelling on the floor like a baby. Calling out for the one he loves most. This was all so new and overwhelming.

He suddenly remembered his phone and called Chan in a panic.

"Hyung! Where's Jisung!?"

"Well you see.. someone made Lee Know made a wish.. or no.. Jisung made a wish on his behalf and he.. well.. he disappeared."

A wave of guilt crashed down on him, causing his stomach to sink. "That's me.. it's my fault.. I did this.."

"No Minho you didn't do anything wrong I-"

Minho hung up abruptly and broke down worse than before. His hands were buried in his hair tugging harshly. Tears and drool cascaded down his delicate features as he screamed out in grief.

Jisung could see all of this. He couldn't bare it. A wrench was thrown in his heart and it was all too much to take. Jisung had given him his eye sight back, but at what cost? He had to do something.

Jisung called out into the abyss, "Please! I know someone's out there.. Gods of stars maybe... whatever! Please can I have one wish.. no.. can I make a deal!?"

Jisung's floating body felt a gush of wind hit him. He knew it was a yes.

"I will stay here for five years.. five years working with the rules of the sky and whoever enforces them. I will stay here for five years if.. if you let me talk to Minho just this once."

The gust of wind now brushed all the stars up into it and circled around Jisungs body, first around his torso, then around his arms and legs and lastly up around his head and poking his cute cheeks lightly, all in a beautiful aura of light.

It was then that just looked down at his arms and hands to see tiny golden stars and swirly golden lines were imprinted into his skin. It was painless and beautiful. They seemed to emit there own light. He reached up to touch his face and felt the stars and swirls on his cheeks and nose bridge as well, almost like freckles.

"Thank you." Jisung called out smiling, greatful to the sky and whoever ruled over it.

Jisung places both his hands on the glass-like panel and pushed on it slightly. This caused a sound like beautiful wind chimes. He saw Minho look around startled.

'He must hear me.'

"Minho! My beautiful boy please go out and live! Go do everything you've ever wanted to! I'm okay and I'll be back soon I promise! Wait five years and until then i'll be watching over you. I just let you know, more than anything. Lee Minho, I love you!"

Jisung choked out the last few words through the tears and grief that were over taking him.

Minho clearly heard because he was staring up right back at Jisung somehow.. through the panel.

He could see Jisung.

"Hannie I can see you! You're even more beautiful than I could ever imagine. I-I don't know what's happening but I trust you completely! I've done it for so many years and I sure as hell won't stop now. You've guided me through literally everything my whole life and now it's time for me to make a path that I can guide you on! I'll learn how to read and write like you do.. a-and get a real job. One where you make lots of money. I'll get a house for us both to live in when you come back. Then we can live together forever! Han.. Han Jisung... with every beat in my heart, more than every star in the sky, I love you too!"

Just like that the image of Jisung disappeared. Minho knew it was real. He could feel it. He trusted Jisung completely and after gaining your vision back after a lifetime of darkness, he believed anything was possible.

He didn't feel sad anymore, neither of them did. Though they did miss eachother, they both knew what they had to do.