9

Hani's Pov

His eyes... how do I even start? I mentioned this numerous times, but I can't tell you how soft his eyes can be.  This makes me question the first time I met him... are those even the same eyes I saw? 

Did it change you this much? Did I change you this much... 

"My beautiful daughter.." I heard a deep voice that always held me together. 

I snapped out of trans and turned around to be greeted by my father's warm eyes. 

"Father." I smiled and gave him the biggest hug. 

"I missed you princess." He hugged me tightly. 

" I missed you more." I giggled. 

We pulled away as he took a step back... the way his eyes admired us standing next to one another made me nervous almost. 

"You two look great together." He smiled softly. 

The thought of letting his only child go in the hands of someone else... his heart aches. Its only right for him to investigate just a little. 

"son." He suddenly say looking at Jungkook. 

Jungkook's eyes looked at him, curious...

"May I have a small chat with you...." he asked. 

He nodded almost immediately as he excused himself along with my father. 

Jungkook's pov

With a pen and paper I followed him quietly and it seemed like it was going to be a conversation that needed privacy. 

We walked outside around the corners of the building where there is only a railing between us and the beautiful garden we have. The moon's light shinning over the small pond so comfortably. 

His steps came to a halt as he looks over and held the railing with his hands as he let out a breath that can be seen despite the refreshing coldness that hung over us. His head looked down to his feet and back up at the scene as I stood besides him. 

"She choose you...my son.." He started looking out into the distance. 

I looked at him. 

His side profile already shows how much he is trusting his daughter. 

"I told her... that marriage is not anything like dating." He says sighing. 

"And with that information she insisted this marriage to carry through. But. Do you know what she said to me..." He stopped and looked at me with his eyes.

" She said that she didn't want her people to see her as the problem." 

I, with a heavy heart, listened to him. 

"Before everything that had happened, the late queen and I only gave birth to her, and because of that... our people started to worry. They said that she wasn't strong enough to protect our people, that she couldn't provide them with what they needed..." he pauses for a little bit. 

Images of his only daughter crying silently to herself, times when she fainted because of stress, the conditions she would be in after wars... he couldn't help, but to pause in his words. And I, couldn't even see what he had seen. 

"She bared through people's criticism and disrespect. She'd been through too many things to prove to others that she can take the lead. Countless mistakes were made, but she also sacrificed so many thing, including this...." he says relaxing his shoulders.