Chapter 10-Extended Family

A/N: This is sooo long! And I know, sort of a cliffhanger at the end. Hope you like it my cupcakes! And lots of drama!

-Cassidy's P.O.V-

FLASHBACK

        "QUICKLY! SHE'S LOOSING BLOOD!"

        I felt woozy as I woke up, soon blinded by bright artificial lights.

        "Ah, you're awake. Welcome back Ms. Shaffer."

        I look up to see an older man, in probably his 50's, balding, in a white coat with a clip board.

        "Where am I? Who are you?"

        The man chuckled and patted my hand.

        "You're in St. Anne's hospital and I'm Doctor Smith. Do you remember anything?"

        I shook my head, even though I remembered everything, Charles, the kidnapping, the ambush, that little slut Roark shooting me.

        "Well, we'll do some tests and you'll be out of here in no time miss."

-Fast Forward Flashback to five years later- -Cassidy's P.O.V-

        I was out Christmas shopping. I left Michael, my husband, and our daughter Cassandra at home. I really only married Michael for his money, but Cassandra was my pride and joy and I knew she would be just like me when she grew up.

        I suddenly heard a voice I hadn't heard in years, one I wished I could hear everyday.

        "Maximum Danger Pendery, get over here right now young man, you had your mother and I worried to death."

        Peeking from behind the rack I was looking at, I saw none other than Cole Pendery. He wore a thick black coat, a white t-shirt, with a gray plaid flannel over it, dark jeans, and a black snapback turned backwards. His hair had grown a little bit now and was still purple, plus he had a little bit of scruff.

        Cole leaned down and picked up a little boy who could be no older than 5, who was bundled up in a big red coat. The little boy was the spitting image of him except his hair was a little darker.

        "Sorry daddy."

        'Daddy'? Cole smiled at the little boy, Maximum I guess, who placed his head in the crook of Cole's neck.

        "Its fine little man, just tell us where you're going next time. Mummy and I were scared."

        "COLE! MAXIE!"

        A young woman, who looked about 23 or so, the same age as Cole, came racing towards the two of them. She herself held a little girl who looked about 2 or 3, with the same hair color as Maximum in little pigtails wearing a purple coat. The woman had thick dark brown hair that trailed down her back, with gorgeous brown eyes and perfect lightly tanned skin, wearing a simple white dress with a grey coat over it.

        "Mummy!"

        The woman kissed Maximum on the head and Cole pulled her closer by the waist, I felt jealousy bubble through my veins. The little girl reached out for Cole as Maximum reached for the woman, both switching kids as the little girl played with Cole's purple hair.