Chapter 18

Civil War

Natasha's POV
After we all get back from a bit of a fight, Wanda heads straight to her room upset about her powers getting out of control. Steve pulls me aside. "Rumlow, he mentioned Bucky." I stare at him I shock, it's been 2 years since Bucky pulled me from the river and we still haven't found anything. We had to fight Ultron last year and nothing about Bucky has come up yet.

"What did Rumlow say?" I ask needing answers. "He said his buyer for the thing we were trying to collect was Bucky. And he remembered us before they wiped his mind again." Steve looks down sadly. "That's good, that means Bucky's around here." I grab Steve's hand. "Steve, this is our chance." I say smiling.

Wanda, Sam, Steve, Rhodey, Tony, Steve, Vision, and I all sit around as the Sokovia Accords are explained to us by Ross. I'm not sure what to do, the Avengers are my family and I don't want to pick a side. After a talk for a few minutes I see Steve pull his phone out of his pocket, and he looks saddened. At first I'm worried it's Bucky. Then I realize it's Peggy, Steve always tells me about her and I know she's been really sick lately. "I have to go." Steve says.

I go and find Steve after the funeral, he still in his black clothes, and looks upset. He asks me about the Accords, who's signed etc. "I'm sorry, Nat. I can't sign it." He says looking at the ground. "I know." I reply. He looks confused. "Then what are you doing here?" I smile slightly. "I didn't want you to be alone." I walk closer to him "Come here." I pull him in for a hug.

I attend a UN meeting, we are discussing when T'Challa yells "GET DOWN!" We all get down. Unfortunately T'Challa's father was killed in the explosion.

T'Challa and I are sitting outside the UN center. We talk for a few minutes when I bring up Bucky. "T'Challa. Task force will decide who brings in Barnes." "Don't bother Miss Romanoff. I'll kill him myself." T'Challa walks away. I want to tell him not to go after Bucky, tell him to stop, but I don't this isn't the right time. My phone rings I see Steve is calling. "Hey you okay?" Steve asks. "Yeah, I got lucky." I respond. "But, Bucky..." I trail off. "Nat, we will find him and we will save him." Steve hangs up.