9

Chapter: Eighth

(Flashback)
AUTHORS P.O.V
After that conversation, Jungkook looked at Yoongi hyung before sighing.
"I guess I'll just talk to him about it tomorrow then." He said and was about to head out when Yoongi spoke up, making him stop.
"About Jimin, I mean it Jungkook." Yoongi said before going back to his work. Jungkook headed to the dorm, thinking about what Yoongi had promised.

The next day, Jimin was preparing to go to work. When he finished, he finally opened his phone, only to be met with numerous unread messages and missed calls from all the members. He sighed and immediately read the messages, making him feel bad for not telling them that he went home early last night. He took his bag while opening the last message not reading who it was from, and headed out of his room. 'Hyung, where are you? You're making me worried.' His eyes widened at the message he just read.
"Hyung!" He looked up, hearing his name being called. Though he regretted the action after seeing who it was. Jimin cursed his luck. It was as if the universe was against him.
"Good morning! Are you heading to the company?" The younger one, oblivious to what was going through the mochi's head, asked Jimin, who was frozen and confused of what he was feeling.
"It's so fast." Jimin mumbled, listening to his pulse race faster. Luckily, Jungkook didn't hear him.
"Huh? What was that hyung?" Jungkook asked, giving his hyung his full attention. Jimin fake coughed, bringing himself back to reality, and shook his head.
"Hmm! I'm going to work now." Jimin said, making the younger one smile.
"I am too. Let's go together then." Jungkook said, and Jimin nodded mutely and walked past the younger boy. 'Why the fuck is this bitch beating so fast!' Jimin asked himself, rubbing his chest gently, feeling his heart thud rapidly.
"Also, Jimin hyung..." Jungkook called, making the older one look back at the maknae.
"PD- nim wants us to cover a Christmas song." The maknae informed him happily, catching up to his hyung.

The two continued on journey to work together, making the younger happy. Jungkook was happy that he got Jimin to speak more than a couple words to him this morning. 'What song should we sing? Anything will be okay, as long as hyung is singing.' Jungkook thought. He paused confused, while Jimin kept walking, stuck in his own thoughts, and hadn't noticed that Jungkook wasn't walking with him anymore. Jungkook was trying to figure out where the thought had come from. And then it hit him, he loved hearing the older one's cute voice. Jungkook sped up a bit, catching up to Jimin.

TIME SKIP

Taehyung entered the practice room, finally seeing the person he was looking for. He approached Jungkook and softly patted his shoulder, gaining the maknae's attention.

"Namjoon hyung wants you in hi-" Taehyung stopped, realizing that the youngest wasn't paying any attention to him, but completely preoccupied with the other side of the room. Taehyung followed Jungkook's stare, curious at what he was looking at. It wasn't what Jungkook was focused on, more like a who. It was Yoongi and Jimin, who were eating lunch together. Taehyung sighed, smacking the youngest one's head in annoyance, making Jungkook hiss in pain.
"Why don't you just tell him instead of denying it and hurting you both?" Tae whispered, confused and annoyed with the maknae's actions. He was loud enough for Jungkook to hear.
"It's not that easy hyung." Jungkook said, making Taehyung sigh, giving up on pushing the subject.
"Whatever, just go to Namjoon hyung. He needs your help with something. He's in his studio." Taehyung said, gaining a nod from the youngest.
"Fine, fine!" Jungkook said exasperated.

JIMIN'S P.O.V

A voice interrupted my and Yoongi hyung's peaceful lunch.
"Fine, fine!" Hearing Jungkook's voice, I looked up only to see Tae and him heading out together. That made me frown. Here comes jealousy again. I sighed, pushing the feelings away.
"Jimin-ah?" Yoongi hyung called, stealing my attention away from the youngest members.
"Tomorrow is our day off. Why don't we go and hang out somewhere tomorrow," He suggested casually. Ignoring my thoughts about Jungkook, I nodded and smiled at him. Some time with my hyung will be good for me.

YOONGI'S P.O.V

After eating lunch with Jimin, I excused myself and headed back to my studio to finish up the things I needed to finish. Unfortunately, I bumped into someone I cared a lot about, but also hated at the moment for hurting the person I like. He smiled passing me before calling my name. That made me confused. What did he need?
"You know I care so much about you, and that I love you, right?" He asked, confusing me even more.
"About Jimin" he said sheepishly, causing me to straighten up and focus more on what he was saying.
"I know you told me you like him and will take him, but even though I love you, I'm sorry, but-" Jungkook stopped short, making me feel on edge. His brows furrowed as he carefully thought out his next words.
"I don't think I would let you take him from me. I'm going to keep him." He said, indirectly admitting his feelings. I froze in shock at his confession. Sensing I needed to be alone, he left, letting me digest what just happened. 'What just happened?' I felt as if I was falling, and the rope that kept me stable had snapped.