5

Ella Perry 

I feel a body shift underneath me tensely, but carefully as a large hand cradles my head to ease it slowly down onto the couch, causing my whole right side to become colder, missing the warmth that was once there. 

The cold leather felt wet against the side of my face as I laid flat on the seat of the couch, alone. 

Falling asleep before the boys beside me was definitely not the plan, they probably didn't even doze off.  

"Don't wake her up!" A deeper voice shouts in a low whisper directly in front of me. 

I decide not to get up at that moment, feeling my exhaustion consume me in my delirious state. Instead, I roll around facing the crook of the couch in between the seat and the back cushions to fall back to sleep, not really really caring about my surroundings at the moment. 

"I didn't, shhh." I hear another voice whisper back, one that was much closer to me, " What do we do, Louis?" His whispers were much softer. 

"I don't know, where's Harry?" 

If they would be quite I would be back to sleep instead of listening to them bicker. 

My head nuzzles further down into the cold couch searching for an inch of warmth, as the door swings open, banging against the wall behind the door, and the men go silent. 

Is that Harry? 

The tension in the room seemed to triple, and my body slightly jolts, but the men don't seem to notice. 

" Is he using again?" One of the men speaks lowly so that Harry can't hear him.  

Whatever ounce of drowsiness that was in my body has left immediately at the thought of his presence, but I didn't turn to get up just yet, why is he using? What is he using? 

Where did he even go? 

I guess it's really none of my business anyway. 

His boots are heard stomping up the stairs heavily, Harry didn't hold back as his boots could be heard from the neighbors across the street. Only adding to the burst of anticipation. 

"Shit," One of the men in front of me muttered as he neared the top of the stairs. I'm assuming his appearance revealed the answer to their question earlier. 

"You can leave now, job's done." I hear Harry's voice reprimand in a sarcastic manner breaking the silence,  I've never heard him speak like this, so chaotic yet demanding. Well, I guess I haven't heard him speak that much at all really. 

I keep my eyes wide open while still deep in the couch, buried so they can't see me, but my whole is body exposed as if I'm sleeping, making me feel vulnerable. I can feel my nerves arising at the thought of Harry on something and how dangerous that could be, especially for someone who is already so dangerous.. 

"Alright now, Harry, I think you've had enough. Why don't yo-" I can hear Louis try to reason with Harry before he interrupts him. 

"Ahh, you're right I have had enough, now leave!" Harry's dark words spill out faster than I've heard anyone speak, but his deep voice had a sharp edge to it. 

His words make me jump slightly, but they couldn't know I'm awake yet.

How could he be so rude to these men who obviously care for him, and are here because he asked them for a favor? 

"Shhhh, Harry you are going to wake up the girl," Niall tries to calmly and rationally speak. 

I decide to turn around, slowly as I do so to confront the situation, I can't just lay here while they argue, especially if arise in the conversation.