9

Ella Perry 

My eyelids are virtually glued together as my hands reach up to rub them open, feeling uncomfortable as the stiff red dress I had worn yesterday was still on my body as I laid under the thick comforter. 

I sat up pushing off my elbows from the bed as they sunk in the cushioned mattress. My eyes squinted as the yellow sunlight shone through the window to my left, my hand coming up to comb my hair back as it laid tangled over my shoulders. 

Without thinking much of anything, I ripped the comforter off my legs chilling them as they miss the warmth under the comforter. Standing up, I feel my head spin in all different directions, my hand immediately coming up to my forehead and the other on the bed stabilizing myself up.

What did I do? 

I push myself off the bed, the hardwood cold on the bottom of my feet as I neared closer towards the door. 

As I creaked the door open slightly, I could smell bacon filling the air, sounds of it sizzling were heard as I crept out of the doorway and out into the hallway. 

From where I was standing in the hallway, I could still hear the stove, but Harry wasn't seen as I neared the edge of the hallway.

I inched closer towards the kitchen, and Harry's tanned broad back was seen as he moved his wrists flipping the bacon, but far enough away from the stove so that the sizzling grease wouldn't pop onto him. He looked exactly as he did yesterday making breakfast, except this time he was shirtless in only off white sweatpants, and he wasn't humming a tune today. 

This seemed to somewhat start becoming a routine for us.

Harry turned around, two plates of Bacon and a singular piece of toast, he must be eating breakfast today.

He didn't look up at my appearance, as I didn't bother to change from the red dress, but instead, he sat down in the same chair as he did yesterday, placing a plate in front of him and one across the table for me I assume. 

He sat upright in his chair, grabbing a thin piece of bacon from the plate in front of him, he looked up at me as they bacon fell into his mouth taking a big bite, his arm came up as he gestured for me to sit across from him. 

My hand smoothed down the back of my dress as I bend down to sit in the chair in front of me, Harry's eyes still on me as I scooted the chair up towards the table. 

I don't feel like eating at that moment as I watch him eat the bacon with calm eyes as they stare into mine, something seems off he shouldn't be this calm. 

With my hands in my lap, I ask Harry, confused about last nights happenings," What hap-" 

"You don't remember? Brandon, I think his name was?" Harry interrupts me once again, but his words roll off his tongue effortlessly but send chills up my spine. 

"Because, once bitten twice shy," Harry speaks as the gun is still aimed at Brandon.

What does he mean by th-

A shot is fired, ceasing all my thoughts. 

I can fill my eyes widen, my hand rising to my mouth as I push myself up from the table out of shock my knees hitting underneath the table as I rose quickly. 

Brandon. 

Harry killed a man last night in front of me, all because I didn't listen to him, I never should have dragged Brandon into this. But Harry shouldn't have shot him from my behalf, I would have let him gladly shoot me instead, it wasn't his place because of my wrongdoings.