Chapter One

I am totally living my dreams. I am working at a magazine company, dating Jack, and I am being asked to go to tons of collages in the United States. I am glad that school is over. I still wish that dad was here. Two years now since he died. Two years. I was thinking all of this as I was driving home from the Fashion 101 magazine company. It was a hour long drive, but I really don't care. My phone rang. I looked down to see it was Madi.

"Hey!" she said as soon as I picked up.

"Hey."

"What ya doin?"

"Coming home from work."

"Oh. Can I come and see you when you get home?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. See ya later!"

I hung up. Looks like that day to myself is being whisked away-again.

I pulled in the driveway. I saw that Madison had messaged me 50 times saying, 'you there yet?' I sighed and climbed out of my car. Sometimes she can be annoying. 'yes I'm here, come on.' I typed frantically to her. I unlocked the door and walked in. It was dark. Lillie ran over to me and embraced me into a hug. "Hey, squirt," I told her, "You want a snack?" "No snack!" she said as she jumped up and down the couch. I laughed and walked over to where she was. I picked her up and sat her down on the floor. I sat down right beside her. She got one of her naked Barbies and started to hit me with it. She may be small, but she can hit hard! "Stop, Lillie!" I said scolding her. She stopped immediately and pouted. "Meanie!" she said. I heard a car honk their horn outside. Someone rang the doorbell. "It's open!"

Madi walked in, looking like the hot summer air was too much for her. She collapsed breathlessly on to the couch. "Long day?"

"Yeah,"

"You like being a secretary, Madi?"

"Yeah, but my coworker is so into me. Yesterday he sent me flowers!"

"You should be happy!"

"The thing is, though, I'm dating Ken and that would be wrong to do that to him."

"Well, just say that you don't like him."

"I don't want to hurt his feelings!"

"So break up with Ken."

"Promise you won't tell anyone?"

"Yeah, sure."

"I think that Ken is cheating on me. With a man."

"WHAT?!"

"That's what I said! I saw them kissing in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot."

"Who was the boy?"

"I don't know. He looked like a teenager, though."

"Ew... that is so gross!"

We continued the conversation for a while. I looked around to see that Lillie was gone. Probably to watch TV in her room. Madison looked at her phone. "Aw man! I told my parents I would be home after work! Bye!" She ran to my door and ran out, slamming it shut behind her. I sighed. Maybe being a graduate won't be as fun as I thought.