prologue _ 0

"Izuku Midoriya." Midoriya pulled out his earbud, spinning slightly in his chair. The office manager, Toshinori Yagi, walked towards his desk. "I have an offer for you." He crossed his arms, tilting his head. "What is it?" He was ready to hear some good news, anything to make his day better. "Come with me." He turned around, Midoriya stumbling to follow afterwards. 

Leading him to his office, he opened the door for him. "This is Katsuki Kirishima, he's a recent transfer." Midoriya's heart started to beat faster when they made eye contact, Katsuki leaning on the desk behind him. 
He stepped forwards and reached out his hand, not having a hint of an awkward or startled expression on his face. He didn't smile, despite not having seen each other in years, he just stared like he would've any other day when they were classmates. 

With a firm handshake, he said, "Nice to see you again." but Midoriya could tell he was lying. "Y-You too.." Midoriya slipped his hand away, holding them together in front of him afterwards. "Do you men know each other?" "We went to school together!" Midoriya answered before Katsuki could open his mouth. 
"Oh, that's good. You two will be great co-workers." 

Toshinori moved to sit in his desk chair, Midoriya and Katsuki turning to look at him. 
"Well, Midoriya. About that offer.." Izuku took his glance off the tall blonde beside him to look at his boss. 

"Kirishima here was transferred specifically for his performance in his workplace, leaving to be my assistant manager." Midoriya gulped, only repeating his last name in his head. "I'm a busy man," he leaned back in his chair, "so I'm going to need you both here when I'm not. And when I'm gone, Kirishima will need an assistant." he cleared his throat, Midoriya flinched. 

"I'm offering the job to be assistant to Kirishima here. I can't say it'll be fun, but we'll be able to add to your paycheck." Midoriya swung his leg and took a slight step back. "I-I'm sorry.. will I keep my job in customer service?" "Only if you wish to. Give it some thought." Midoriya nodded. "Thank you. I'll think it over." He turned to reach for the doorknob, Katsuki walking out before him. 

Once the door was shut behind them, Midoriya stared at his shoes. 
"Kirishima, huh?" "Midoriya, huh?" Katsuki turned to look down at him. "I look forward to working with you." "No you don't." "Keep it professional.. Deku." hearing that name again almost made him smile, especially from him… before remembering the meaning.