Chapter Four

Its been almost an hour since the two of you had hit the freeway. The morning traffic wasn't as bad as it could be, you barely missed the early rush. But there was still a good amount of people driving to who knows where. The usual two-hour drive felt like it was even longer.

You let out a small sigh of relief when traffic started moving again, "Finally, oh my god.." You commented, earning a laugh from Steven.

"Don't jinx it Y/N. For all we know, you just cursed this freeway to a five-year standstill. We'll be stuck here forever!" He cried jokingly, throwing one of his hands up in the air for dramatic effect.

"We'll just have to walk to Beach City then." You winked, punching his shoulder softly as to not disrupt his driving. "Ahh.. I should have brought a book or something. This is gonna be one long drive."

Steven laughed again, "Are you indirectly calling me boring?" He grinned, glancing over at you. You rolled your eyes at him and shook your head. "And plus, we're like, halfway there if this traffic keeps moving the way it is."

You nodded, "True, yeah. Welp. Can I play some music then?" You turned to Steven, and he gave you the 'ok', pointing in the glove box where the aux cord was. After rummaging through it and finally finding it, you plugged it into the car, then your phone, putting a random playlist on shuffle.

After that, the long car ride became more enjoyable. Steven found out that the two of you have pretty much the same taste in music, which was great. He wouldn't wanna be stuck in a car listening to music he didn't know or enjoy of course. The two of you hum or sang along together to the songs you'd know, grinning while you did.

"Oh! I love this song!" You gasped, tapping your fingers to the beat of the song on your leg the minute the opening instrumental began playing. Steven knew this song as well, but he focused on the road ahead, hoping you would sing without him. He wanted to hear your voice.

Your eyes closed, a huge smile plastered on your face.

"I just wanna be somebody to someone oh,

I wanna be somebody to someone oh,

I never had nobody and no road home,

I wanna be somebody to someone.

And if the sun's upset and the sky goes cold

Then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall

I really need somebody to call my own

I wanna be somebody to someone"

You sang along, jamming out in your seat, laughing and giggling while you did. Steven had the hugest grin on his face, preparing himself to sing the next part.

"I don't even need to change the world

I'll make the moon shine just for your view

I'll make the starlight circle the room

And if you feel like night is falling

I wanna be the one you're calling

'Cause I believe that you could lead the way"

You gasped, listening to Steven, not even singing along. He had such an incredible voice. And he was thinking the same thing about you.

After he finished his part, the two of you sung the last "Someone to you" together. The two of you both had deep pink blushes, dusted across your cheeks before the two of you burst out laughing, going on to sing the next song together. Then the next one, and the one after that.

"I'm glad you spilled hot chocolate on me. I haven't had this much fun in years." You smiled warmly, turning to him, causing him to laugh for what seemed like the umpteenth time in the last four hours.

"I'm never gonna live that down am I?" He sighed when he saw you shake your head no. "But I'm glad I did." He shook his head, another blush creeping upon his face."And I cant wait for you to meet my family! They're amazing.." He gushed. You smiled and nodded, remembering all the nice things he had to say about them.

The rest of the car ride went smoothly. Steven driving, of course, as you stuck your hand out of the window, enjoying the breeze and you made small waves with your hand. You had finally gotten out of traffic at some point and were getting closer to Beach City by the minute.

The two of you both had huge grins on your face when you passed the 'Welcome to Beach City' sign at the edge of the city. One of those upbeat feel-good songs played as you did, making the whole thing feel even better. The two of you knew that by the time you got to your destination, your cheeks would be hurting from how much smiling you did.

//Sorry It's short, its basically a filler chapter at this point ahah. I hope you enjoyed nonetheless. :)