Chapter 6 Pt.1

(Im sorry its taken a while, I had no idea what to do for this chapter :p I'll try and get part 2 out sometime this week uwu)

After everyone had finished discussing Steven's trip and catching up, Steven decided he would bring you into Beach City and show you around. But if he was being honest with himself, it was just an excuse to spend more time alone with you. It was nice enough for you two to walk so Steven just left his car parked in front of the beach house. So there you two were, standing in front of the Big Donut.

Steven smiled at you as the two of you walked inside, it wasn't that busy. Mr. Dewey was ducked underneath the counter, probably grabbing something. All you could see was a small bit of his hair sticking above it. You guys walked up to the counter as Steven spoke.

"Can I get two of the usuals please?" Steven grinned as Mr. Dewey stood up, giving Steven a wide smile.

"Car Wash Kid! How are you?" Mr. Dewey questioned as he grabbed two of Steven's usual donuts. Steven was surprised that he even remembered what he ordered.

"I'm good! Glad to be back honestly, even if it's not for long." He shrugged, "I don't know what I'm gonna do next though."

Dewey gave a small nod in agreement, "I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually." He handed Steven a brown paper bag with two donuts in it. "Have a good day Universe."

"You too Mr. Dewey." Steven grabbed the bag and placed the exact amount of money on the counter to pay for the donuts. He had ordered them at least a million times already of course.

The two of you headed out of The Big Donut and decided to head to Little Homeworld, eating your donuts along the way, it was a beautiful day anyway. No need to use the warp pad, Steven thought. It wasn't that far from where you guys were anyways.

The walk was enjoyable, the salty breeze was nice in the warm weather. Steven told you that you'd probably end up meeting a few other gems he wanted you to meet. Mentioning the names Lapis, Peridot, and Bismuth to you. As you two got closer, you could see the high walls and the large tower approaching.

Once inside Little Homeworld, Steven grinned. It was just the way he remembered it. Gems bustling about, talking to one another. He knew he was gonna come here today so he told the Gems to not tell Lapis or any of the others he was coming. Hopefully, he would see one of them here. And thankfully he did! A couple of feet ahead of him, maybe 20, he saw Bismuth talking to the Earth and Heaven beetles, her back turned away from you two.

Steven pointed at her and whispered to you, "That's Bismuth. Shh..." He grinned and you laughed quietly, creeping up behind Bismuth. He was right behind her as the Earth and Heaven beetles waved goodbye to Bismuth, and gave Steven and you a small wave, wich you two waved back.

"Steven?" He heard a soft voice call from behind him. 'That must be Lapis' You thought. She had choppy blue hair, and quite honestly, she was very pretty. Steven cursed under his breath, his plan to surprise Bismuth had failed as she had already turned around to see him.

"You're back!" You heard a nasally voice call from beside Lapis, and that's when you noticed a shorter green gem beside her. 'And that must be Peridot.' She was wearing a salmon pink shirt with a yellow star in the middle. Almost like the one you saw Steven wearing when you first met him.

"Hey guys!" He grinned, laughing as they all ran to hug him, well except Bismuth. She was right beside him.

"We missed you!" Peridot and Lapis cried, clinging ontop his jacket. Bismuth gave a small nod, smiling happily.

"I missed you guys too." He hugged them all back. You guys talked for a bit, them catching Steven up on what had happened in Little Homeworld after he left. He introduced you as well, the three of them taking a liking to you already. You complimented Peridot and her shirt and she laughed, telling you it was a gift from Steven from the day he left. You thought that was adorable.

Lapis showed Steven a few of the paintings she made with the art set he gave her as well. They were so lovely! He took a few of them and made a pink bubble around them, blipping out of existence. He told Lapis he would grab them later, not wanting them to get crinkled. You thought that was the coolest thing ever, besides the big shield of course. You wondered what other things Steven could do.