18||IDENTIFICATION

{READER'S POV}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{READER'S POV}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TWO DAYS LATER

Bakugou and I pulled up to the house of the nurse's sister. Maemi Yaoyorozu.

She was already waiting by the door with a solemn expression on her face when we arrived. I gave Bakugou a look, "If there's nothing here and we brought up memories of her dead sister for nothing, I'm going to hit you."

He merely scoffed, "You're too much of a bitch," he claimed even though we both knew I've hit him before.

"Let's just get this over with," I sighed, getting out of the car. Bakugou followed and locked it behind us.

I approached Maemi with a smile which she returned, her grin not quite reaching her eyes. "Come in," she welcomed, moving aside for Bakugou and I.

"Thank you for agreeing to meeting with us," I told her, shaking her hand once we got to the living room. It was cozy enough, a brown couch with matching chairs on either side. A coffee table littered with various magazines and books sat in the middle of the pieces of furniture. Directly across from the couch was a decent sized TV that sat on a mantle with a fireplace beneath.

The beige walls were comforting and so were the pictures that lined the walls. Immediately I spotted a pretty woman who looked similar to Maemi. While Maemi seemed to keep her dark hair cut in a bob, this woman styled it in a long, sleek ponytail.

After my gaze landed on a picture of the two together, I realized it was Momo Yaoyorozu. The picture was of the two sisters side by side, Maemi was wearing a neat pants suit while Momo was dressed in a doctor's coat with a clipboard in her hand.

"Anything to help," she agreed, "Take a seat, do you want anything to drink?"

"We're fine, thanks," I declined. Bakugou sat on the couch and I took a seat beside him. Maemi situated herself in a chair and faced us, a look of anticipation across her features.

"Do you have anyone you think could've committed the arson?" Bakugou began.

There was a long pause as Maemi thought about her answer. "Not really," at first I thought that was the answer but she surprised me by continuing. "But I do remember before she died she always talked about this client she had."

"But you don't think they did it?" I asked, trying to understand what she thought about the situation.

Another pause. "I'm not sure. Momo was always a little nervous around him since he didn't seem to be there voluntarily. That's just what she said, I'm not exactly sure what she meant by it."

"What was he being treated for?" Bakugou asked her.

"Burns," Maemi said, Bakugou and I shared a look. We were both thinking the same thing, if he already had the burns by then, that means he's responsible for one of the other arson cases. That didn't rule him out as the culprit, though. "She said they seemed to be self treated, but that wasn't what made her nervous. She said it was the fact he wouldn't tell her where he got them."