XII

.

.

.

Adrian
_____

I paced back and fourth as I smoked a blunt to calm myself down from Lynn betraying me. It's been a while since I reacted like that. I couldn't believe she would do me dirty like that. I expected that shit out of Shaniece but not Lynn.

I stopped pacing and decided to sit down as I felt the weed take control of my body and soothe me. It's been a minute since I smoked because Lynn told me how I smoked too much. So I stopped doing it so much, but man fuck her. She just like these other females out here.

About 20 minutes passed & my phone kept buzzing off the hook. It wouldn't stop ringing & ringing. I finally picked it up after about 10 missed calls all from Shaun.

"What the hell do you want man. Blowing my high & shit." I said frustrated.

"Aye you need to come to Dekalb Medical hospital asap!" Shaun said on the other line of the phone.

I could hear a crack in his voice and hear him sniffing as if he was crying. Something wasn't right.

"What's going on Shaun!" I said hoping he'll get straight to the point.

"Lynn... she's....." he said taking a pause.

"Fuck Lynn." I said with so much anger.

"Shut the fuck up man. She's in the hospital on her deathbed right now. I suggest you come see your girl because the doctors said she might not make it." Shaun said raising his voice.

I immediately dropped my phone which fell on my hardwood floor. I heard my screen crack on the floor but didn't care.

"Adrian! Adrian!" I heard Shaun saying on the other line while my phone was lying on the floor.

I immediately ran to my room and threw on some sweats and some nikes. I picked up my cracked iPhone 6 & got my car keys.

I raced to my car and drove to DeKalb Medical hospital. My mind was racing and a million and one thoughts were going through my head.

How could this have happened. This is all my fault I thought. I didn't mean any of that terrible stuff I said about her.

I really ain't shit. She didn't deserve this at all. Everything is my fault, I thought as I neared the hospital.

I went to the front desk & requested the floor & room number. My heart raced as the elevator stopped on floor 4.

The elevator doors open and I made a right. I saw the whole crew there already waiting. Drew was sitting in a corner on the phone with Lynn's parents.

The mood in the waiting room was intense and you could feel the sadness. Bianca's face was full of tears as she sobbed while chance held her.

Shaun and Juan were sitting next to each other and sat in silence. Shaun's eyes were red & you could tell he had been crying. Juan had no expression on his face what so ever.