Learning the Truth

Note: Things are starting to get a little better, so I thought I'd update Fidelity. I hope you guys like it, and thanks to everyone for their support. It really means a lot to me right now. Lots of Loki love from me ;)

Six Years Later (Loki’s Point of View)

            As soon as I saw my brother enter the hall, I stepped out to greet him. He looked regal, as always, with his crimson cape billowing out behind him as he walked. I smiled as he approached and he grinned back. He came to stand beside me, and I noticed how nervous he seemed. “Nervous, brother?” I asked, grinning.

            Thor chuckled, a little too enthusiastically, and shook his head. “Have you ever known me to be nervous?”

            “Well,” I teased, “There was that time in Nornheim….”

            “That was not nerves, brother, that was the rage of battle.”

            “Ah, I see,” I replied, slightly sarcastically.

            “How else could I have fought my way through a hundred warriors and pull us out alive?”

            I paused for a moment, feigning confusion at Thor’s arrogance. “Uh…as I recall, I was the one who veiled us in smoke to ease our escape….”

            Thor laughed heartily at this, as a servant entered the hall with a platter, upon which sat a golden chalice. “Hahaha, yes,” Thor laughed, “Some do battle, others just do tricks.” In respect to his prince, the servant chuckled lightly at Thor’s joke, quickly earning himself my attention. I smirked at him, and he smiled back for a moment before he saw the slight movement I’d made with my hand. He glanced down at the chalice of wine, then back up at me in horror as snakes slithered their way out of the cup. He dropped the platter suddenly with a gasp, and I chuckled at him, pleased with his reaction. “Loki,” Thor scolded, “Now that was just a waste of good wine.”

            “Oh, it’s just a bit of fun,” I said, glancing at the servant, “Right, my friend?” He stared at me with dislike, and with a wave of my hand, the snakes were gone. Thor and I laughed for a moment, until the servant had gathered his things and scurried off. Now, another servant entered, handing Thor his silver winged helmet. I glanced at him, remembering the time I had stolen it from him in our childhood. Again, he suddenly looked nervous. I decided I could lighten the mood for him again. “Ooh,” I chided, “Nice feathers.”

            Thor chuckled and looked up at the helmet I was wearing. “You don’t really want to start this again, do you, cow?”

            “I was being sincere!”

            “You are incapable of sincerity!”

            “Am I?”

            “Yes.”

            I stared at him for a moment, a little surprised that he would think that of me. So, to prove him wrong, I turned to face him fully and smiled. “I’ve looked forward to this day as long as you have,” I said, taking care to put as much emotion behind my words as I could, “You’re my brother and my friend. Sometimes, I’m envious…but never doubt that I love you.”

             Thor smiled, knowing that I meant every word, and affectionately clapped his hand around my neck. “Thank you,” He whispered, patting my neck again.

            I smiled, unable to stop myself. “Now give us a kiss.”

            Thor laughed and playfully pushed me away. “Stop it!” We laughed for a moment, and I glanced past Thor. I could see the silhouette of a woman standing in the shadows by the door. I smiled and looked back at my brother.