First Day of School

[We walk with Addison and Bucky as he signs posters of himself with a flourish of his hand. They talk as they walk upstairs. Bucky looks repulsed at the idea that zombies are allowed to even breath the same air as them, let alone go to school with them.]

Bucky: Can't let those monsters change this town, cuz. Ew. 

Zed was starting to really dislike Bucky. They weren't monsters! I mean, they are, but they wouldn't ever intentionally hurt someone! He was trying to keep an open mind about humans, but this made it harder. 

Eliza scoffed and rolled her eyes. She was starting to come around to the idea of humans and zombies working together, but the attitude Bucky had towards zombies just proved that humans would never change. They would always be self-centered, horrible people. 

Addison didn't understand why Bucky felt that way. They were just going to school like them. What was the harm? 

[Addison gives her cousin a confused look.]

Addison: They're just going to school like us. 

Zed gave Addison a grateful look. She smiled back at him. He knew she was different. And he liked that about her. 

Wyatt noticed that Zed was still holding Addison's hand from before. It seems they forgot the were holding hands to begin with. He smirked and pointed this out to his sister, whose eyes glinted mischievously. 

Bucky: Like us? People love me, okay? I got jazz hands. Those freaks are nothing like us. They tried to eat our grandfather. 

[As Bucky's talking, he scoffs at Addison statement. Then he makes jazz hands to emphasize his point. They stop at the top of the stairs, and Addison gives him a nervous look.]

Addison: It was just a.... small bite. 

Zed leaned over and whispered in Addison's ear, "Thanks." 

"For what?" Addison whispered back. 

"For standing up for us." he replied. 

"Why wouldn't I? Just because you're different doesn't mean you're freaks." The two shared a smile, then turned back to the movie. 

Unbeknownst to them, Zevon, Missy, and Dale heard every word. Zevon smiled at the thought of his boy and this Addison girl. He could tell Zed liked her. He just hoped it worked out for him. 

Missy and Dale were proud of their daughter. She was giving everyone a chance, just like they taught her to. But, they were still concerned. They didn't want their baby girl to end up getting hurt. They ended up realizing that if their daughter thought it was a good idea to give them a chance, why shouldn't they? They turned to the zombie next to them and introduced themselves. 

"Hi. I'm Missy." 

"And I'm Dale. Addison's our daughter." They both reached out to shake his hand. The zombie looked at them for a little before accepting their offers.

"I'm Zevon. Zed's dad." he introduced. 

Bucky: Cheer tryouts today after school. Let's go, Mighty Shrimp!

[A dark-skinned girl comes up to them, excited for cheer tryouts. Bucky rolls his eyes at her, then snaps his fingers. Three cheerleaders, one boy and two girls, follow after him like puppy dogs.]

Bree: Go, bottom feeders!

"Hey! There I am!" Bree exclaimed, excited that she was finally on screen. 

Bree: Wait, you know, 'cause shrimp. They eat the... the waste at the bottom? No? Whoo! Go Seabrook! 

Bree blushed in embarrassment and looked down. Bonzo looked at her and said, "Breeska."