Spirit

The queen was in a mood. Moonbyul detected it as soon as she stepped in. It was her, the queen, and her father's group of advisors. They were stubborn, old, and not likely to change opinions they had held since the King had ruled. 

"Thank you for your prompt arrival, Captain." Moonbyul shot you a  glance. "Congratulations. You begin your new position immediately."

Moonbyul stood with her arms clasped behind her, nodding with each instruction given. She made an effort to look at the advisor speaking but every few seconds her eyes wandered to your pouting face.

"Why are you so upset?" Moonbyul's thumb drew small circles on your own in comfort. After the meeting you'd receded into your apartments for the day. You shook your head looking out the window,"I was foolish to think I would be supported."

You took a deep breath, exhaling hard enough to fog up the glass. It was beginning to rain outside, the window pane thudding with each impact of the raindrops.

"I brought up the prospect of marriage." You focused on the slowly darkening ground as the rainfall increased. A few court members scattered from the rain and into the palace. No one was outside now except for the guards.

Moonbyul adjusted her perch on the windowsill not expecting this conversation. Her head inclined close to yours in interest, "Marriage to?"

"You, of course. A decorated knight with your own King granted mononym from my father, may his soul rest. You have served faithfully in my guard. I thought that it would be enough." You shook your head. Foolish to believe your wishes would be accepted.

"So instead I was promoted." Moonbyul's voice was in your ear, her low tone sending chills down your spine.

You cleared your throat, sitting up a bit straighter and away from her. You were in your private study but anyone could ask for an audience and see the queen and her guard in a more than friendly position. "They said a capitan could not be betrothed to a queen."

Moonbyul hummed, turning your face away from the window and to her. "Then we'll just have to remain a secret."

Your hands clenched, a hot flash of anger welling in your chest. "Leave." Her confused look quickly switched to defiance,"No."

"I said to leave," taking on your commanding tone you used with your servants. It would work for most but not for Moonbyul.

Moonbyul was suddenly up against your body, backing you up to the edge of the window seat. Her hand next to your head, keeping you pressed against the wall. The bones of your shoulder blades dug almost painfully into it,"I don't believe you want me to. Now, tell me what you actually want."

Your cheeks flushed at the sudden closeness. It was hard not to stare at her lips. Your voice wavered at first but you needed to voice your thoughts, no matter how selfish they were.
"I want you by my side forever and always. Even- " the anger was morphing into disappointment, what you wanted never really mattered to anyone, except to her.
It was always her.

"Even-?" She prodded, the thumb of her other hand dragging up and down the front of your neck. Moonbyul's fingers found the jewel of your choker at the base of your collarbones. It was incredibly distracting.

"Even if I have to marry someone else."

"Oh your majesty, now you're just being ridiculous." Her hand left the jewel and she sat back to give you space, but not that much. It was your turn to be confused.
"For you to even entertain the thought of me giving you up."

read the rest @ gominiljido.tumblr.com