Dark

It was too late to stop.

Moonbyul had been pushing thoughts into your head. Harnessed her own power to sweeten her manipulation. Her reasoning and suggestions were cemented into your mind. Moonbyul had spent so much time with you, she knew how to make it seem like your idea.

Like....perhaps... demoting your advisors. She had whispered false rumors into your ear of betrayers and plans to usurp your throne. Those were only partial lies.

Eating had become difficult for you. Restful sleep evading you every night. You spent increasingly more time with her, always in private. Moonbyul could not afford to be caught now.

She gained the trust of her guard, promising positions that would grant them higher status then they had been given. Slowly she had gained a greater following. When you had finally followed her instructions, no one questioned your decision. Not that they would with Moonbyul at your side, glaring down anyone who even thought of countering you.

Your circle shrank more and more, members of the court knowing that something was shifting in the palace. You were soon mostly in the company of your handmaidens and Moonbyul of course.

Even after her promotion ceremony to general, she maintained her guard position. Thwarting "assassination" attempts that she had planned. More and more dissenters were blamed and thrown out, Moonbyul encouraging you to raise the penalty.

But your heart was still soft, she needed to crush it.