Chapter 1

MARCELA (Mar-Cell-Uh)

I was laying across my bed trying to finish these last college applications when I heard my doorbell ring. It probably was my bestfriend, Marcus since he always makes his way over here to raid my kitchen. I went downstairs to get the door, but he was already walking in. "What I tell you about leaving the door unlocked Marcela?" He started. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes, "You wouldn't have known it was unlocked if you weren't trying to open it."

"Well whatever. What you got to eat? Yo mama stay buying all the good stuff." He said while walking into the kitchen. I just rolled my eyes again and went back upstairs. He'll come up when he's done finding something to eat.

10 minutes later I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs, then he walked into my room with a sandwich and some chips. "You talked to Keisha lately?" I asked him as I laughed to myself thinking about her trifling ass. "Man you know ion mess with that girl no more. She messy as hell. I really should've listened to you." I told him that girl was no good when he first told me he was interested in her. She was hoe and everyone seemed to know that but her and apparently Marcus. He sat down on my bed and mugged me as I took some of his chips. We just chilled and watched TV for a few hours before I heard the front door open signaling my mom was home. "Marcela!" She called. As I got up to see what she wanted, I realized Marcus was sleep. Lame.

"Yeah?" I replied walking into the kitchen.

"I got you some Hot Cheetos and I got Marcus some too cus I know he here." I thanked her and took the chips back upstairs. As I sat back on the bed, I saw his phone light up and me being the nosey person I am, I had to see who it was. It was his friend Jeremy.

JAY: I don't know why you just don't tell her. I'm sure she feels the same way.

So my best friend likes somebody and he didn't tell me? I couldn't help my curiosity so I scrolled up to read more.

MARCUS: I don't want to mess up our friendship. We been cool since middle school days. What if she don't feel the same?

JAY: C'mon man. This is Marcela you talking about. I remember seeing the way y'all used to be flirting in class. Just tell her, pussy.

I couldn't believe my eyes. My best friend had a crush on me and was afraid to tell me. "What you doing?" I jumped when I heard his voice. "Huh? Oh... Nothing. Your phone was vibrating so I had just um picked it up." I gave him his phone back and felt relieved that he didn't ask anymore questions. He just laid back down and went to sleep. I guess it was safe to say that he was spending the night.

I got up to get in the shower. I turned on the water and began taking off my clothes. Do I like Marcus? I guess I never really thought about him like that before. I've always seen him like a brother, but he has always been there for me. He's my shoulder to cry on, my backbone, my everything. I guess I should've known he liked me by the way he gets upset whenever some guy tries to talk to me. I just thought he was being over protective when it may have been jealousy.

After I got out the shower, I wrapped my towel around myself and went to get some clothes. I noticed that Marcus is up now and on his phone. Probably texting Jeremy back. I gripped my towel a little tighter. I don't know why I'm so self conscious all of a sudden. It's not like this is the first time he's spent the night. I went back into the bathroom to get dressed and when I came back out, he was only in his basketball shorts. I climbed into bed beside him and went to sleep.

MARCUS

"Imma be back over later Cel." I said to a half asleep Marcela before walking out the door. Man, how imma tell Jeremy that I pussied out again and didn't tell Marcela how I feel? I know that nigga gone try to clown. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I'm not no ugly nigga. I'm about 6'2, dark skinned with a short cut. I don't have alot of tattoos or nothing. But shit, I still pull hoes. But anyways, getting with a female never made me nervous, it's something about Marcela tho. She's about 5'5, light skinned with shoulder length hair and she's beautiful as ever. Her body is amazing. She's not no skinny girl, but she ain't fat either. Like Goldilocks said, she's just right. In the middle of my day dream about my best friend my phone started ringing. I picked it up without even looking at the screen.