Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Hi Liz and Liz!" I greeted Trekkie Liz and Rogue when I walked into the formally forbidden auxiliary computer room at our school. Both girls turned to look at me.

"Hi, Estelle," Trekkie said before smiling and getting back to her work. Rogue blinked and looked slightly confused.

"Hi. What are you doing here? I thought you were still sick…" Rogue stated. I wasn't too sick anymore. I had been allowed back at school now for the Spring Semester. It was Rogue's senior year.

"I'm coming back. I really want to try and get through the year and go back to band," I told her. Rogue nodded and then smiled.

"I'm glad you're back. But don't let the teachers or librarians catch you in here," Rogue said with a whisper. "This is now the internet help desk room and well, Trekkie, Joxer, Will and I are the help desk kids. I mean, I guess you could sign up too…"

I quickly shook my head which made me a lot more dizzy than it should of. The dull ache in my ear returned but only for a second. "No, don't worry. I'll see you after school?" I told her. Rogue and Trekkie both nodded.

"Don't let them catch you, Estelle!" Rogue said with a laugh. As I left to go find Anna next on my list, I swore I saw a gleam in Rogue's eye that showed a hint of the dangerous side I knew existed in her. She didn't care if she got caught but it would be a bad thing to take anyone else down with her.

-Estelle's POV Destiny pg 488

I awoke with a start on Tuesday. I had forgotten to set the alarm clock the night before and didn't know what time it was. I was supposed to go to work today or was I supposed to help Jackie? My brain finally caught up with me when I saw beige curtains and a beige bedspread rather than the purple one I had on my bed…or the Havasu blue walls that typically greeted me. I was still in the past, still in the Twilight universe.

There was no FBI that I had to go to or Jackie that was expecting me. They both might still exist –the FBI definitely still existed- but neither knew of me. I was fiction here and vampires were the reality. Well, that and werewolves. Heck, maybe they were the reality in my strange world too but I didn't recall coming across any.

I pulled myself from the crisp cotton sheets and managed to get up. I pet Miss Ginsie who happily wagged her tail as the world became more in focus. A part of me wondered how long it would take before I accepted where I was. Would I be like the guy in Groundhog's Day? Waking up every morning, hoping, praying something would be different, that I wasn't repeating the past?

My situation was different though. Not only was I in the past –I've already had one March 2006- but I was in a different universe. Or so my head told me but I wasn't sure I believed that. Some small part of me believed that I had finally just gone to the crazy side like so many of my friends and loved ones before me. If this was going crazy, it wasn't half bad actually.

When I managed to get dressed and make my way down the stairs, I finally got to look out the front windows to see a fresh layer of snow on the ground. It wasn't much, just an inch or two but I loved the look of freshly fallen snow. The white covered the trees and the meadow like lawn of the Cullen home, causing the world around the house to be just dabs of color under the blanket of white. It looked beautiful.

I felt rather bad when, a couple of hours after waking up, I trudged through the snow in my black hiking boots to get to the truck. It felt like a sin to destroy something so perfect by just walking through it. But, I knew what I had to do today and that was to get to the pawn shop, get rid of some of my jewelry, and then get food. Unfortunately, the Cullens only had a few apples and the hot tea I've been drinking down like crazy. Not exactly enough to keep me fed for any length of time.