Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Rogue and I went to the Renn fest today. I ended up being late but it was okay. I changed into my Irish gown in the parking lot but couldn't find my laces. Rogue told me just to go up to one of the clothing vendors and ask for how much it would be for new ones. The first person I asked just gave them to me. Major kudos in her direction.

Rogue knows everyone at the Renn Fest. My old English isn't that great so I just hung back and watched her. Well, that, and I'm shy. I was amazed by the amount of people Rogue knows and her ability to use the Shakespearean English. We couldn't walk two steps without her knowing some one.

I bought a pretty necklace. Rogue prevented me from buying a red one, which was good. Red makes me look all funny.

-Estelle Kismet

I had just turned the TV on, propped my feet up, and was starting to get cozy in the overstuffed sofa when the phone rang. From across the room. Hidden in my bag. I glared at it.

Ginsie hopped down to the floor at the sound of the phone ringing and looked up at me expectantly. She had that "you are going to get that, right, Mom?" look. I sighed and pushed myself from the very comfy sofa and puttered over to my bag to frantically look for the tracfone. I got it on the last ring.

"Hello?" I quickly asked while looking around at the mess I made in trying to find it. I'd have to clean this up before Gabriel got out of the shower. The last thing I'd want right now is for him to see my favorite lacy red bra strewn across the comforter…or even my care bear socks half tumbled on to the floor. Either way, he might say something that would make me blush.

"You didn't have to make quite that much of a mess. I would have called back," Alice's voice sounded in my ear. I immediately stopped looking around and felt a smile tug at my lips. I was glad to hear any of the Cullens' voices but had pretty much already assumed it was Alice before I even picked up the phone.

"I hope you caught me glaring at the phone at least," I told her, teasingly.

"Yeap! I just wanted to tell you not to fight with Gabriel when he suggests going shopping. You need a shopping trip," Alice told me. I felt the smile tug at my lips again.

"Is this psychic Alice advice or shopaholic Alice advice?" I asked her.

"Both," Alice replied cheerfully.

"Wonderful," I muttered as I began to clean up the room. Really, how did I manage to create this much of a mess in only three rings of the phone?

"By the way, I'm sorry, Elizabeth. I didn't see what Aro was going to ask until it was too late," Alice told me sadly as I picked up my socks and threw them back into the bag.

I stopped and sat down on the edge of the bed. Alice knew what Aro had asked. She'd seen the conversation. Would they accept me? Would the Cullens at least help me through the newborn year? "Have you told everyone yet?" I asked quietly.

"No, just Jasper. I thought you would rather tell Carlisle and Esme yourself," she told me sadly.

"Thank you, Alice," I whispered. I started to work out in my head what to tell them in regards to the conversation I had with Aro and if I should ask if they would help me. But once again, my mind wondered what would happen to Gabriel in all this. Where did he fit in my crazy life in this universe?

"I'll go get them," she said and promptly put me on hold. I thought about the change. Becoming a vampire wasn't that scary. I had thought about it since I went through the Anne Rice novel craze but I was more scared by what a huge decision this was. There wasn't any turning back or starting over. It also meant no children…