Chapter 1: Before School

I woke up with a start, because my brothers were making some kind of noise, as usual. According to the muggle clock that Dad gave me , it was 7:47 a.m. I slowly slid out of the covers and into my slippers to walk downstairs. When I got there I learned that the noise I woke up from was just Fred and George trying to wake people up, it looks like they succeeded.

Mum was also awake, cooking sausages on the stove while the dishes cleaned themselves. I love magic, it means less chores, there still are some, but less.

I sat down, still exhausted from the twins and I eagerly waited for breakfast. While I was waiting, Percy came downstairs promptly wearing his "Prefect" pin. Ugh he brags.

"You know you don't have to wear that at home right?" Fred sighed.

"Yeah trust me, we are all perfectly aware that you are perfect!" George said, rolling his eyes in the process.

Just at that moment an owl flew through our kitchen window, dropped a letter right in front of me. The letter said "To Miss G. Weasley, The Burrow." And had a wax seal in the shape of a crest of sorts.

"Oh Ginny, it looks like your Hogwarts letter has come early!" Shouted Mum cheerfully, clapping her hands together.

"Well open it then!" Fred added.

"Yeah don't keep us waiting!" George looked intent on hearing what was inside.

I read the contents of the letter aloud.

"Hogwarts School of WitchCraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwumps, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Weasley,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress"

"Oh that's just amazing" Mum squealed hastily jotting down a reply and sent it with the owl. "We'll wait until the boys get their letters to go to Diagon Alley, but what do you need?"

I then read the other letter in the envelope that was a supply list. Aloud as I did with the first one.

"Uniform

First year students will require:

Three sets of plain work clothes (black)

One plain pointed hat (black) for daywear

One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One winter cloak (black with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

Course Books

All students should have a copy of the following

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

Other Equipment

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students are also allowed an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

Parents are reminded that first year students are not allowed to bring their own Broomsticks."

"That won't come cheap Mum" Fred looked worried.

"Yeah a whole set of Gilderoy Lockhart books for each of us!" George added.

"Oh we'll make do." Replied Mum waving her hand as to end the conversation.

At this point in time Ron came downstairs "What did I miss?"

"Oh only your sister getting her Hogwarts letter" George responded

"Nothing much." Fred replies with his mouth full

"Bloody hell Ginny, that's great!" Ron patted my back.

"Ronald Weasley watch your mouth!" Mum reprimanded.

"Sorry Mum" Muttered Ron.

"So you'll be off to Hogwarts in a few months, you'll be sure to be in Gryffindor." Percy spoke up for the first time that day.

Dad walked in "Who's sure to be in Gryffindor?"

"Why your daughter of course, she just got her Hogwarts letter"

"That's fantastic, when will we be going to Diagon Alley?"

"Oh sometime later dear, after all the boys get their letters."

After eating breakfast I went back upstairs to get dressed. I was thrilled to be going to Hogwarts, it would be great to meet new people and learn about the wizarding world. I was very excited about Quidditch too, even if I don't get to play in my first year, or even bring a broom to practice. Going to Hogwarts will be amazing, it will be the beginning of my story.

A/N: Wow, I'm finally posting this, it's been a while since I first started writing it, but here we are. I think I'll be updating this every other day, or every three days. That's about it, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

-MJ